Book Review Forum - Input Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
If you haven't checked out the new movie review forum then please do so.

I'm planning on adding a Book Review forum and I need some input.

I'm thinking of just adding fields for Title, Author, Publisher, Price, and ISBN along with admin way to add a place where the user can buy the book (any other important items). A few questions for the board:

1. Any other important information about the book that should be mandatory or optional fields.
2. Should I have numeric rating criteria? I'm thinking not as they lend themselves to movies but not books perhaps. Any thoughts on that?

Rich,
You should have a format field (Pbk; Hdbk); Sewn/Glued/other, and size (in inches please; i.e. 6x9 etc), and the page total. For me, I would like to see a yes/no on Indices and Bibliographies (libraries and researches look for this). On star ratings, I'd limit it to the rating of the content. The reviewer can address any other matters in the review, like tacky binding, tiny print, etc.;):2cents:
Just a single rating for the overall quality or are there more specific criteria you would want to recommend?

If you haven't checked out the new movie review forum then please do so.

I'm planning on adding a Book Review forum and I need some input.

I'm thinking of just adding fields for Title, Author, Publisher, Price, and ISBN along with admin way to add a place where the user can buy the book (any other important items). A few questions for the board:

1. Any other important information about the book that should be mandatory or optional fields.
2. Should I have numeric rating criteria? I'm thinking not as they lend themselves to movies but not books perhaps. Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back