Books For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANT

Puritan Board Junior
I went through my library to make room for other books and want to sell the books that I have doubles of.

All the books are brand new (never read.)

If anyone is interested just let me know.

I will sell the whole lot for $50.00 if anyone is interested.
(Now that's a bargain - :up: )

Single titles will sell for the prices below.

Shipping prices will be paid by the buyer.

Book #1 - Commentary On The Heidleberg Catechism - $10.00
.................By: Zacharias Ursinus
.................Hardcover - 659 p. - Presbyterian and Reformed

Book #2 - The Confession Of Faith - $10.00
.................By: A.A. Hodge
.................Hardcover - 436p. - Banner Of Truth

Book #3 - Persuasives To Early Piety - $8.00
.................By: J.G. Pike
.................Hardcover - 362p. - Soli Deo Gloria

Book #4 - A Guide For Young Disciples - $8.00
.................By: J.G.Pike - (This is the sequel to Book #3)
.................Hardcover - 364p. - Soli Deo Gloria

Book #5 - God And Government ... Volume 2 - $5.00
.................By: Gary DeMar
.................Softcover - 247p. - American Vision

Book #6 - The Bible And The Future - $6.00
.................By: Anthony A. Hoekema
.................Softcover - 343p. - Eerdmans

Book #7 - Saved By Grace - $6.00
.................By: Anthony A. Hoekema
.................Softcover - 277p. - Eerdmans

Books #8 - Morning And Evening and Faith's Check Book - $6.00 (for both)
...................By: Charles Spurgeon
...................Softcovers - Barbour and Whitaker House

Book #9 - Martin Luther - The Great Reformer (Heroes of the Faith Series) - $2.50
.................By: Edwin P. Booth
.................Softcover - 206p. - Barbour

Book #10 - The Final Word - A Biblical Response to the Case for Tongues and Prophecy Today - $4.00
....................By: O. Palmer Robertson
....................Softcover - 150p. - Banner Of Truth

Book #11 - Select Sermons of George Whitefield - With An Account Of His Life - $5.00
....................By: J.C. Ryle
....................Softcover - 199p. - Banner Of Truth

Book #12 - The Shorter Catechism Explained From Scripture - $5.00
....................By:Thomas Vincent
....................Softcover - 282p. - (Puritan Paperbacks) Banner Of Truth

Done Deal Adam. Just U2U me where I need to ship them. I can probably mail them out as early as tomorrow.

Just U2U'ed you.

Do you want to wait on my check? I'll send you my info and you send me yours so I can send payment.

No doubt. I need desperately to replace my dispensational library. It's dwindled a bit since I tossed most of it.

Dont toss them, just switch them over to your heresy shelf next to your copy of the Catholic Catechism, the New World Translation and all those colorful pamphlets printed on newsprint the JWs keep giving you.:D

That's a good deal Adam. Enjoy. I found a set of Edwards Works last week at Half-price books for $34 the B.O.T. edition in excellent shape.

Originally posted by Irishcat922 I found a set of Edwards Works last week at Half-price books for $34 the B.O.T. edition in excellent shape.

I think I need to do more searching on the Web for books!

Wow, talk about the early bird getting the worm.

I've had success finding books on eBay that are Reformed and often cheap. Also, I've found some good books hidden away at half-price books.

The best book I've found? "Thinking Missions with Christ", by Sameul Zwemer, signed by the author "With Christmas greetings from the author, S.M. Zwemer, Christmas 1937" I paid $2.50 for it.

Originally posted by Peter
Dont toss them, just switch them over to your heresy shelf next to your copy of the Catholic Catechism, the New World Translation and all those colorful pamphlets printed on newsprint the JWs keep giving you.:D
That's exactly where I keep mine! :lol:

Never throw books away, Adam. :) It's always good to have theology you disagree with on your shelves. Keeps you growing.

I have Gentry and Ladd sitting right next to each other in my eschatology section. :lol:

Originally posted by OS_X
Never throw books away, Adam. :) It's always good to have theology you disagree with on your shelves. Keeps you growing.

I have Gentry and Ladd sitting right next to each other in my eschatology section. :lol:

On my shelves...nah. I prefer to store them down in my junk drawer!

Dont toss them, just switch them over to your heresy shelf next to your copy of the Catholic Catechism, the New World Translation and all those colorful pamphlets printed on newsprint the JWs keep giving you.

You are hilarious, brother. Nice, real nice!

I keep my bad theology on the shelf next to my Microeconomics textbooks and MLA handbooks :tombstone:

I absolutely LOVE the Ursinus commentary on the Heidelburg Catechism. It really helped dissect the arguments about the ubiquity of the risen Christ that Lutherans use to argue for the corporeal presence in, with and under the elements in the supper. Not to mention the issues it raises with regards to Chalcedon

But it's generally just an awesome commentary...very thorough in both explanations and in refuting objections.

Originally posted by ARStager
I absolutely LOVE the Ursinus commentary on the Heidelburg Catechism. It really helped dissect the arguments about the ubiquity of the risen Christ that Lutherans use to argue for the corporeal presence in, with and under the elements in the supper. Not to mention the issues it raises with regards to Chalcedon

But it's generally just an awesome commentary...very thorough in both explanations and in refuting objections.

:ditto:

More Books For Sale

I have weeded out more of my doubles.

Again, All of the Books are Brand New.

Buyer will pay shipping and handling. (I will send priority mail)

The first to post requesting an item will be the one who receives it.

Here's the list ...

#3 - $5.00 - A Golden Treasury of Puritan Devotion - By: (Compiled & Edited) Mariano Di Gangi - 183 p. - P&R Publishing

#4 & #5 (These will be sold as a set) - $30.00

- Logic (The Right Use of Reason in the Inquiry After Truth) - By: Isaac Watts - Hardcover 352p. - Soli Deo Gloria Publishers

- The Improvement of the Mind (A Supplement To Logic) - By: Isaac Watts - Hardcover 385p. - Soli Deo Gloria Publishers

#6 - $5.00 - The Great Divide (Christianity or Evolution?) - By: Gerard Berghoef & Lester Dekoster - 180p. - Banner of Truth Publishers

#7 - $20.00 - Systematic Theology - By: R.L. Dabney - Hardcover 903p. - Banner of Truth Publishers

#8 - $20.00 - Systematic Theology - By: Wayne Grudem - Hardcover 1,290p. - Zondervan Publishers

[Edited on 1-13-2005 by ANT]

[Edited on 1-23-2005 by ANT]

I'd buy Dabney's systematic in an instant if I hadn't just spent $25 on Hodge's. Well, one more opportunity for another member!

Originally posted by Scott Bushey
Ant,
I'll take 4-8.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

We'll take #3

Scott & LadyFlynt,

I need both of you to U2U me your mailing address where you would like the books to be sent.

I have been helping a friend move all day long and haven't had a chance to get online or pack up the books for shipping yet. I will mail them out tomorrow. After I mail them I will U2U the total amount (with S&H included) to you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
ANT

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
We'll take #3

I have already mailed Scott's books. Are you still interested in #3? If so, send me a U2U with your mailing address.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back