Books on the Parables and Miracles

Status
Not open for further replies.

panicbird

Puritan Board Freshman
Brethren,

What are some of the best books on the parables and miracles of Jesus? Is Spurgeon's work on this worthwhile? Is it essentially his sermons that can be found elsewhere? What about Kistemaker's work (The Parables, The Miracles)?

Lon

Brethren,

What are some of the best books on the parables and miracles of Jesus? Is Spurgeon's work on this worthwhile? Is it essentially his sermons that can be found elsewhere? What about Kistemaker's work (The Parables, The Miracles)?

Lon
I've looked some at Kistemaker's work on the parables and found it to be a worthwhile purchase. Another good one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Your-World-Upside-Down/dp/0875525792/"]Turning Your World Upside Down[/ame] by Richard D. Phillips, which provides a sermon-esque exposition of a number of Luke's parables (very practical and very good!). For some more technical see: Blomberg, Wenham, (and sometimes rather far-fetched) Capon, and Bailey. I have Spurgeon's Miracles and Parables of our Lord, but they are just sermons and probably contained in other collections of Spurgeon's sermons.

Brethren,

Lon

What about Benjamin Keach??????

I own the following:
The Mysteries of the Kingdom: An Exposition Jesus' Parables. 432 pp. by Herman Hanko.

I don't have anything else that specially treats the parables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back