Books on Westminster Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

I would like to know if anyone knows any books on the Westminister Confessions. I have heard of "The Shorter Catechism Explained from Scripture" By Thomas Vincent and "A Body of Divinity" By Thomas Watson. Are there any more titles that you are aware of on this subject? Thank you.

A.A. Hodge (Banner of Truth)
Chad van Dixhorn (Banner of Truth)
Jospeh Pipa (study book) (Christian Focus)
G.I WIlliamson (study book)

Robert Shawn's exposition.
Robert Letham has a book on the historical background.
David Dickson wrote the earliest commentary "The Victory of Truth"

Nathan, the standard commentaries for the Westminster Confession of Faith have already been mentioned in this thread. Seeing how you mentioned two commentaries on the Westminster Shorter Catechism in your original post, however, I would like to recommend some commentaries pertaining to that which have been helpful to my own study.

-Ashbel Green, Lectures on the Shorter Catechism (2 vols.)
-James R. Boyd, The Westminster Shorter Catechism: With Analysis, Scriptural Proofs, Explanatory and Practical Inferences, and Illustrative Anecdotes
-Thomas Watson, A Body of Divinity
-A.A. Hodge, The System of Theology Contained in the Westminster Shorter Catechism: Opened and Explained
-Murdo A.N. Macleod, Bible Truth Explored: Searching the Scriptures with the Shorter Catechism

The former two may be viewed at archive.org, the latter three may be purchased at heritagebooks.org

Nathan, the standard commentaries for the Westminster Confession of Faith have already been mentioned in this thread. Seeing how you mentioned two commentaries on the Westminster Shorter Catechism in your original post, however, I would like to recommend some commentaries pertaining to that which have been helpful to my own study.

-Ashbel Green, Lectures on the Shorter Catechism (2 vols.)
-James R. Boyd, The Westminster Shorter Catechism: With Analysis, Scriptural Proofs, Explanatory and Practical Inferences, and Illustrative Anecdotes
-Thomas Watson, A Body of Divinity
-A.A. Hodge, The System of Theology Contained in the Westminster Shorter Catechism: Opened and Explained
-Murdo A.N. Macleod, Bible Truth Explored: Searching the Scriptures with the Shorter Catechism

The former two may be viewed at archive.org, the latter three may be purchased at heritagebooks.org
Thomas Watsons Body of Divinity can be viewed and downloaded on archive.org free of charge as well https://archive.org/details/selectworksofrev0000wats/page/n7/mode/2up

So can A.A. Hodge, The System of Theology Contained in the Westminster Shorter Catechism: Opened and Explained

I would like to know if anyone knows any books on the Westminister Confessions. I have heard of "The Shorter Catechism Explained from Scripture" By Thomas Vincent and "A Body of Divinity" By Thomas Watson. Are there any more titles that you are aware of on this subject? Thank you.

Are you just wanting old stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back