Books/Resources on the climate change debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThirdandReformedAdam

Puritan Board Freshman
Does anyone know of any solid, reliable sources that inform of the pros and cons on both sides of this debate? It is becoming frustratingly difficult to understand this divide, as your decision on the matter is viewed more and more as indicative of your political (and even religious) beliefs. In my neck of the woods, it is downright dangerous not to openly proclaim the so-called "foolishness" of global-warming, as every time you mention the plausibility of climate change men run to fetch their tar and feathers.

Start with this:

Meyer is not a scientist per se, but he has done a good job of trying to find a middle ground. Yes, it does seem likely that the earth is warming, but it is not at all clear from the data what portion, if any, is due to man-made influence. His blog has numerous articles examining various claims, "trends" that really aren't trends, problems with measurements, the political nature of the thing, etc. I find it fairly balanced.

On the con side (against man-made global warming theories) the best resource is undoubtedly the Cornwall Alliance. Calvin Beisner has written probably the best books on the subject from the con side. I don't know about the pro side.

Does anyone know of any solid, reliable sources that inform of the pros and cons on both sides of this debate? It is becoming frustratingly difficult to understand this divide, as your decision on the matter is viewed more and more as indicative of your political (and even religious) beliefs. In my neck of the woods, it is downright dangerous not to openly proclaim the so-called "foolishness" of global-warming, as every time you mention the plausibility of climate change men run to fetch their tar and feathers.
I think all would agree that there is climate change, but many Christians like myself would see it as happening throughout history, and that mankind really contributes very little to that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back