BOT Christmas sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

It's the most wonderful time of the year! While I know that a number of our folks here on PB do not celebrate Christmas (and this post is in no way a poke in the eye to you friends!), we all love the Puritans and our Reformed forebears...and Banner of Truth is having their annual Christmas sale! That makes it the most wonderful time of the year, to my thinking. ;)

You may access the sale flyer here: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/10ffa...tmas2016)&mc_cid=f7df89d684&mc_eid=d932c3aeb6

Or access their sale page directly here: https://banneroftruth.org/us/store/...tmas2016)&mc_cid=f7df89d684&mc_eid=d932c3aeb6

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Who is responsible for this? Has this happened in the past? Next thing you know, they'll have a sale for Lent.

They've had an annual Christmas sale for at least the last 5 years or so.

Pretty much! This is certainly not new.

I take it some of the guys here will protest BOT because they have a Christmas sale. My thing is if you don't agree with it why not just ignore it and move on. It seems to me that very few people change their minds when it comes to Christmas, and yet the same debate is taken up every year. Brethren, just be thankful that you don't have to stand before God in their (BOT) place if they are truly wrong as you all seem to think.

I hope my OP was not offensive to you, brothers. My thinking was that, regardless of conviction re: Christmas, the sale might prove profitable in that excellent books which may otherwise be out of one's financial reach are affordable for a season. I meant no provocation; and if I've offended in posting it, please accept my sincere apologies. The desire was to share a blessing, not start a battle.

Your help in drawing good deals to our attention is much appreciated, Reagan. I should imagine even the strongest opponent of man-made holy days among us would reject the sensitive snowflake model of being offended that other people's practice does not live up to our professions.

I should imagine even the strongest opponent of man-made holy days among us would reject the sensitive snowflake model of being offended that other people's practice does not live up to our professions.

Hear, hear.

I hope my OP was not offensive to you, brothers. My thinking was that, regardless of conviction re: Christmas, the sale might prove profitable in that excellent books which may otherwise be out of one's financial reach are affordable for a season. I meant no provocation; and if I've offended in posting it, please accept my sincere apologies. The desire was to share a blessing, not start a battle.

I may not log in much but your contributions to this forum are appreciated. I've been thinking about the sale last year, as I acquired some puritan paperbacks and Sibbes collected works. Your post is quite helpful and I thank you for it.

I look forward to this Banner of Truth sale every year, but I was a bit dismayed this year when I realized I now own most of the Puritan Paperbacks. I'll certainly still grab another 5 since they offer such a great deal. (And I'm an anti-Christmass guy! Still glad to support BOT and reap the benefits of a nice sale.)

They've had an annual Christmas sale for at least the last 5 years or so.

Pretty much! This is certainly not new.

I take it some of the guys here will protest BOT because they have a Christmas sale. My thing is if you don't agree with it why not just ignore it and move on. It seems to me that very few people change their minds when it comes to Christmas, and yet the same debate is taken up every year. Brethren, just be thankful that you don't have to stand before God in their (BOT) place if they are truly wrong as you all seem to think.

Tyrese,

If your impression of those of us who do not celebrate RC holy days is correct, then I'm sincerely sorry that any of us have acted like jerks. We all ought to be charitable toward one another. For the record, though, I did change my mind concerning holy days with no divine sanction, and so did most people I know who don't celebrate them.

Thank you, Reagan, for sharing. Hopefully we can rack up on some good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back