Bought used GPS on Ebay. Doesn't work. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidius

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
So I bought a used Garmin Nuvi 270 on Ebay, it finally get here today after the guy shipped it several days late, and when I took it to my car to try it out, I got nothing. The light on the car adapter doesn't even turn out. Now, a little bit of the silver things on the sides of the adapter (where it plugs in) was showing, but I tried as hard as I could and couldn't get it to go in any further, so I'm assuming it was in correctly. Does anyone have any idea why it may not be working?

I'm e-mailing the seller tonight. The page says it's insured up to $200 (I paid $202 including shipping) so should I go ahead and contact Ebay to begin filing a scam claim if I don't hear from him or if he gives me some kind of BS answer?

Okay, I unscrewed the part that goes into the cigarette lighter, fiddled some with the fuse, and then, after putting it back together, wiggled it around in the lighter a lot and finally got it working. I'm not sure whether the problem is with the fuse or the adapter itself, so tomorrow I'm going to buy a new fuse to check that. They're cheap, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back