Boundaries: Are they Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
Boundaries: A biblical look..to help us grow..

How can we apply them to our lives, and in our relationships, so that we all may grow to be more like Christ?

Are there any other verses we can add that will help us see these more clearly?

#1: The Law of Sowing and Reaping (Gal 6:7-8; Prov 9:8)

#2: The Law of Responsibility (Phil 2:12-13; Gal 5:13-14; John 15:12; 2 Cor 7:8-9)

#3: The Law of Power (Rom 7:15, 19, 23; 1 John 1:8; James 4:7-10; Matt 5:3, 6; Matt 5:23-24)

#4: The Law of Respect (Matt 7:1-2, 12; 2 Cor. 3:17; James 1:25)

#5: The Law of Motivation (2 Cor 1:17-20; James 5:12; Matt 7:12)

#6: The Law of Evaluation (Prov 27:17; Eph 4:25)

# 7: The Law of Proactivity (Rom 4:15; 5:20; 7:5; Eph 6:4; Col 3:21; Gal 5:13, 15)

# 8: The Law of Envy (James 4:2; Gal 6:4)

#9: The Law of Activity (Hebrews 10:38-39; Matt 7:7-8)

#10: The Law of Exposure (Eph 4:25-26; Eph 5:13-14; Ps 51:6)

Last edited:
#1: The Law of Sowing and Reaping (Gal 6:7-8; Prov 9:8)

How would we apply this to others in our life to help them grow and become responsible citizens?

How often do we step in and help others out when they have made bad choices, and prevent them from suffering the natural consequences of their choices?

I can look back to my kids, and see where if they didn't want to do their homework, I would sit with them helping them w/ the answers. :banghead:

It wasn't until I stopped sitting over them, and allowed them to make the choice to do it or not, and they made the choice NOT to, and they failed did they even begin to learn anything. They actually started doing their school work and are now making A's and B's.

So what other ways do we as a society as a whole, play into this mindset of preventing others from suffering the natural consequences of their choices?

Isn't the welfare system part of the problem?

Certainly, I can see where maybe food stamps can help in some situations, but that should really be the churches role, not the governments. So in that the church is failing in it's role to help the poor, isn't it encouraging the problem?

What about other programs?

I can also see where this plays a part in preventing many of God's laws from being set in motion in the lives of others.

If the government continues to support people, it begins to take away the motivation to be responsible for themselves or their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back