C. S. Lewis Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
For those of you who have been waiting for it, the long-awaited third and final volume (covering the years 1950-1963) of the collected letters of C. S. Lewis has just been published. The hardback volume (by HarperCollins) is slightly more than 1,800 pages long and costs $42.95 (list price, I presume).

I devoured the first two volumes, and as soon as I can afford it, I'll devour the third.

Good stuff!

For those of you who have been waiting for it, the long-awaited third and final volume (covering the years 1950-1963) of the collected letters of C. S. Lewis has just been published. The hardback volume (by HarperCollins) is slightly more than 1,800 pages long and costs $42.95 (list price, I presume).

I devoured the first two volumes, and as soon as I can afford it, I'll devour the third.

Good stuff!

May I know what were the first 2 volumes about? I am a "minor" fan of CS Lewis, and aware of his problematic thinking about Christianity. However, I enjoyed Mere Christianity, Screwtape Letters, etc.

May I know what were the first 2 volumes about? I am a "minor" fan of CS Lewis, and aware of his problematic thinking about Christianity. However, I enjoyed Mere Christianity, Screwtape Letters, etc.

The Collected Letters of C. S. Lewis consists of three volumes (all edited by Walter Hooper):

Family Letters: 1905-1931 (published in 2004)
Books, Broadcasts, and the War: 1931-1949 (published in 2004)
Narnia, Cambridge, and Joy: 1950-1963 (published in 2007)

If for no other reason to read them, the letters make interesting history because they bring back to life a world that has almost completely disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back