Calvin 500 is about to be published...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered it when it was announced last year but started thinking a few days ago that the collection was serious overkill for my needs. Then I ran the numbers on what I would really use--the Commentaries and an ebook of the Institutes (not the new collection of editions)--could cost about $165. I would regret not having Calvin's letters and perhaps the tracts & treatises, and I realized that my pre-pub order would cost less than all those separately. The biographies and tracts & treatises, not to mention the editions of Institutes, are all bonus and will be nice to have.

I liked Beeke's comment... "Calvin helped the Reformation change the entire focus of the Christian life. Calvin’s teaching, preaching, and catechizing fostered growth in the relationship between believers and God."
—Joel R. Beeke
My discovery of Calvinism also forstered a growth between me as a believer and God that I never experienced as a Roman catholic. As a Calvinist Presbyterian my relationship with my creator has become beautifully personal. It is I believe also a beauty of Reformed Protestantism!

Last edited:
Mine just downloaded and indexed itself in Logos 4. 108 books, including the Latin and French Institutes? $2.54 per volume, including tax! What is not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back