Calvinism Refuted. I'm switching over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffin

Puritan Board Freshman
This preacher has exposed Calvinism's errors! Thank God for faithful preachers..
[video=youtube;1E-YZ_IIbMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-YZ_IIbMY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This preacher has exposed Calvinism's errors! Thank God for faithful preachers..
[video=youtube;1E-YZ_IIbMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-YZ_IIbMY&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Hoo boy... Another Steve Anderson special. :rolleyes: (Sorry for the sarcasm. I've seen plenty of his material on YouTube, and it's the same recycled garbage that he keeps putting out without doing any sort of serious study of the text.)

And this is the same man who prayed for the death of Obama and yet claims to have a merciful spirit.
I quote James 1:26 and 1st Corinthians 14:38

If a man says he has religion but can not tame his tongue his religion is in vain- James 1:26

Let he who is arrogant remain arrogant- 1st Corinthians 14:38

Oh the irony: " You gotta know the Bible to preach it." If he knows the Bible so well then he should care for his flock by preaching it to them. Instead, he goes off on a pathetic rant on a subject that he clearly knows nothing about other than caricatures. Better to keep silent and have others think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all shadow of doubt. It is disheartening and extremely irritating that buffoons like this are allowed to pastor people made in God's image. "My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6, NIV)
But then again he has probably "saved" loads of people. He should feel good about himself! Maybe if he expended the same energy that he does on thumping and kicking in the pulpit on studying the Bible and comparing Scripture with Scripture he would know that "salvation is of the Lord."

In the NIV the word sovereign appears 303 times, 3 times in the ESV and once in the NASB! But I guess if the word doesn't explicitly appear in the KJV, then not even the concept can be in the Bible. Who needs a God who is not Sovereign?

wonder what he said to the fellow that got him stirred up? or did he just save that rant for the pulpit?

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

just noteworthy note for our young pastor with anger management issues...:lol:

It is important to recognize that the God of the Bible ordains not only the end (salvation) but also the means to the end (the proclamation of the gospel)...Does Calvinism take the wind out of the sails of evangelism? Properly understood and sincerely believed, it does exactly the opposite. Believing that God has a sovereign plan to bring all his elect to himself actually encourages evangelism. It gives confidence to us, God's people, to fulfill our God-given responsibility to spread his gospel. We know that our labor in the Lord is never in vain (1 Cor. 15:58)!---Calvinism and Evangelism by Bill Welzien

Decaf? This guy needs to be HEAVILY sedated. Wow. He has some serious anger management issues. I would hate to be his poor lectern. :soapbox: He says he knows his Bible, and yet I think it says someplace in there how you are supposed to love one another. He just told me to get off my fat rear end and stick his insults in my pipe and smoke it. That doesn't sound very loving to me. My response to this guy is that I'll pray for him and hope that someday he wakes up and sees the truth. The truly sad part about this is that there are people out there that will hear this guy and actually believe what he says. I have a better idea. :think: Let's all pray for this guy.

'Tell Charles Spurgeon to stick that in the end of his fat cigar'

Sure, he never did ANYTHING to win souls.

He sure loves the attention he draws to himself. The pulpit is meant to be used for preaching the word not to use antics to hype the people up and that poor little pulpit took a beating. :soapbox: :popcorn:

As an ex-IFB, I'm familiar with these type of stuff: I consider this pastor's someone from the extreme-extreme-right wing of the Fundamentalist Baptist churches. Even my previous church which considers BJU-type IFBs as liberal will have nothing to do with fellas like him.

And he seems quite involved with political stuff as well from some of his other videos. Far-right politics when mixed with hyper-fundamentalist Christianity is really a dangerous combination (no offense to fundamentalist believers or theonomists here).

Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have skipped class and gone fishing on the day they were teaching pulpit kicking.

"Nobody's ever gonna stand up here and say 'God chooses who goes to heaven and who goes to hell'"

Romans 9; Ephesians 1:3-6; 1 Peter 1:1-2; etc. :think:

I guess none of those passages will ever be allowed to speak for themselves.

It is quite clear that this man has no idea what "Calvinism" actually teaches. Typical.

"The word sovereign is never found in the bible". Right. Just like the word "trinity" is never found in the Bible or the phrase "winning souls" or the phrase "I got people saved", (the last two this so-called preacher used).

Really, why would anyone who actually knows the Bible take this guy seriously? Yet there were PLENTY of "amens" coming from the congregation. Very sad.

One of the things God used to move me from arminianism to calvinism was that arminians could rip individual verses out of context to claim they prove arminianism while calvinists would quote whole sections of scripture to prove their point. I wouldn't even waste my time talking to someone like this.

I haven´t count, but many times I´ve read from anti-calvinist websites writings like "I am not calvinist or arminian, I am bible believing christian" :duh:
Those people do not understand calvinism or they have made a straw man.

I'm very familiar with this fellow. It is tragic what he has become. Yes, we can note his error. We should however pray for him, his family, and those who follow his teaching.

Wow! I knew that Caner was right (maybe not about his history, resume, past, or whatever . . . but somehow right). Afterall, isn't there a connection between this man's homiletical devices and Dr. Caner's getting tased on stage? :lol:

"The word sovereign is never found in the bible". Right. Just like the word "trinity" is never found in the Bible or the phrase "winning souls" or the phrase "I got people saved", (the last two this so-called preacher used).

Proverbs 11.30 in the AV would cover the soul-winning, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back