Calvinism Refuted. I'm switching over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting on my rear end, wondering what percentage of God's Word this man may have actually read.

From what I read Anderson claimes to have memorized the whole New Testement according to his website.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I think Anderson needs to read Romans 10:14 as well

Some crazy KJV only preacher he claims to be a soul winner but at the same time prayed God would strike Obama with a brain tumor. In all honesty he is bonified nutball :D

:rofl::applause: Preach it, angry pulpit-kicking crazy dude! Calvinism looks better every time you open your mouth.

"Pastor Anderson holds no college degree but has well over 100 chapters of the Bible committed to memory, including approximately half of the New Testament." ~from his website...

huh..

Also from his website "God has blessed Faithful Word Baptist Church tremendously. Thousands have been saved, many have been baptized, and many more have learned to win souls both door-to-door and in their day-to-day lives. "

Thousands have been saved huh? How do they all fit in that building?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

He even has an "Official Soul-Winning Times" schedule.

Ah, I see a Jack Hyles type?

Well, for us he is. For him he's not. He actually has a sermon out there denouncing Hyles' ministry and school and calls for people to separate from him. Pretty odd. He also denounces dispensationalism. :um:

Who is this guy?
I'm not sure if anyone else here answered your question. My post was the second one on this thread. Quite a few other posters know who Steve Anderson is. Even James White had some things to say about him on his podcast after the cancer threat proclaimed against Obama.

BTW, Steve Anderson is also known for antagonizing border patrol agents. WARNING! This link may not be for the faint of heart...

YouTube - Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitches

Some crazy KJV only preacher he claims to be a soul winner but at the same time prayed God would strike Obama with a brain tumor. In all honesty he is bonified nutball :D

What? Is he same type as Westboro Baptist Church? They are really weird. They wrote to their websites that "God hates Finland" because of school shotings.

He is less extreme then Fred phelps in some respect unless you count him praying God strikes Obama with brain cancer then yes he maybe is as extreme as them.

Who is this guy?
I'm not sure if anyone else here answered your question. My post was the second one on this thread. Quite a few other posters know who Steve Anderson is. Even James White had some things to say about him on his podcast after the cancer threat proclaimed against Obama.

BTW, Steve Anderson is also known for antagonizing border patrol agents. WARNING! This link may not be for the faint of heart...

This story just gets better and better. It's like the best follow-up to that ignorant pulpit-kicking rant from that I could possibly have imagined. "And then Steve, encouraged by the 'Amens' from the pews, went out and antagonized the Border Patrol with another insanely angry rant and was zapped repeatedly by a tazer ..." :rofl:

It's amazing to me how there are people running around saying that Christ saved ALL from sin and it is His will THAT all come to repentance, when there are multiple texts making it clear that the opposite is true.

As for election, how was it that Noah and his family was spared from the flood?

EDIT: Didn't it say somewhere that none can come to God unless God comes to them first? Wonder if he's ever read it.

What saddens me the most here is that this man is spending more time boasting about he won souls to Christ rather than preaching the Gospel.

If souls were won to Christ, you didn't win them. God did. God is not just the means of salvation. God IS salvation.

"God is looking for a man and He isn't finding it."

Prayers are certainly needed for this soul. He is so crooked by the "God Is Love And Only Love" theology he's left the foundations of biblical Truth.

"Lets get back to Matthew Chapter 7."

Please brother, study that in-depth before you cross that pulpit for another sermon. It is clear you have not taken that chapter to heart in your ministry.

This man knows absolutely nothing about "Calvinism" or Reformed Theology. I really believe until one understands God's providence, and the doctrines of election and reprobation, they will always be like this poor man. When you think that everyone has the same chance of being saved, and very few come to the gospel call, you will be hopeless. But knowing that it is God who saves it brings great comfort to preach for years to catch even one soul for Christ. As Paul states in [Romans 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.] [ESV]

Last edited:

What? Is he same type as Westboro Baptist Church? They are really weird. They wrote to their websites that "God hates Finland" because of school shotings.
They can come up with some of the most baseless rhetoric, and that's putting it kindly. However, if you really want to know how I feel about it, here's your sign: :rant: :soapbox: (It bothers me that people would say such mindless drivel, given that I have friends who live over there. That kind of stuff could happen anywhere.)

Sorry for going a bit OT here...

He states “I got ‘em saved yes I did.” “I’m gonna’ use God’s wording and say it the way God says it” humm…

Then he goes on to say that “Don’t tell me believing is works” even though Gods word states (1 Th 1:3 KJV) Remembering without ceasing your work of faith.

Are my feelings of anger when I hear this biblical? I wish no ill on the man, but it upsets me to see folk lead astray like this.

He states “I got ‘em saved yes I did.” “I’m gonna’ use God’s wording and say it the way God says it” humm…

Then he goes on to say that “Don’t tell me believing is works” even though Gods word states (1 Th 1:3 KJV) Remembering without ceasing your work of faith.

Are my feelings of anger when I hear this biblical? I wish no ill on the man, but it upsets me to see folk lead astray like this.

I think many of you here are giving this guy far too much credit. There are many pastors who became pastors merely to have a chance to scream at people. Where else in the world can an guy throw a huge tantrum and kick furniture and people say 'Amen'? It may not go over in most Reformed churches, but in some denominations, when Fred decides he wants to be paid for screaming and kicking things, he can just put a cross on his roof and a pulpit in his living room.

I have no problem wishing ill on him. May all of those who lead God's people astray and who misuse the pulpit as an occasion to brag and scream be brought down. Amen.

Fred screams at people? He's never screamed at me.

Fred, why do you scream at people?

LOL. Sorry, Fred. In most places where I use my generic 'Fred', there's no actual Fred. I've gotta go for something a little more unusual. Hmmmm ... Howard? Do we have a Howard?

As much as I disagree with this man's methods and theology, I cannot help but think that some of us may have earned this reputation.

Who is this guy?

I had no idea this was the same guy who was tazed by the Border Patrol. Good to know. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Notice the text at the end of the video "The word sovereign is never found in the Bible".
Well, whoop-dee-do.

Is it possible he has never heard that Evangelism Explosion was founded by a Calvinist?

--- Vinny Kochetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back