Calvin's Commentaries (22 Volumes) on Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. Westminster Theological Seminary bookstore also has this same set for sale for the same price, plus only $1.00 for shipping vs $9.70 when buying from CBD.

Westminster Bookstore - Reformed Books - Low Prices - Flat Fee UPS Shipping - 9780801013317 - Calvin's Commentaries (Hardcover) by John Calvin

One reason I buy most of my stuff from WTSbooks is to support the seminary and they haven't stooped to selling trash like The Shack, Joel Osteen, T D Jakes and all other sorts of heretics.

I just checked the CBD site. They are selling it on sale (maybe just to preferred customers???) for $99.

Calvin's Commentaries, 22 Volumes/with bonus copy of Calvin's Institutes
Baker / 2009 / Hardcover
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW024405
4.5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews$99.99
Retail: $1200.00
Save: $1100.01 (92%)

Thanks for the info. Westminster Theological Seminary bookstore also has this same set for sale for the same price, plus only $1.00 for shipping vs $9.70 when buying from CBD.

Westminster Bookstore - Reformed Books - Low Prices - Flat Fee UPS Shipping - 9780801013317 - Calvin's Commentaries (Hardcover) by John Calvin

One reason I buy most of my stuff from WTSbooks is to support the seminary and they haven't stooped to selling trash like The Shack, Joel Osteen, T D Jakes and all other sorts of heretics.

Westminster has produced it's own garbage and that is exactly why I don't buy from them!

Westminster has produced it's own garbage and that is exactly why I don't buy from them!

Wha?????

There are a very few bookstores that do not sell any bad books. They barely break even. WTS bookstore is trying to sell the books that people need to be informed. That means that some bad books will have to be on the market there. If you can't read NT Wright, for instance, then you can't refute him, either. How are pastors going to defend the flock if they never read any heresy?

It's a nice set. I like the new red binding. We bought a set for my daughter. Well worth the money.

Wha?????

There are a very few bookstores that do not sell any bad books. They barely break even. WTS bookstore is trying to sell the books that people need to be informed. That means that some bad books will have to be on the market there. If you can't read NT Wright, for instance, then you can't refute him, either. How are pastors going to defend the flock if they never read any heresy?

We wait for the review on Greenbaggins, of course! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back