Camping San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Puritan Board Freshman
This is basically for the San Diego Members. I am finally going to get out and go Camping next month. I have not had the opportunity to do so since I have been here. Have you been to any good camping spots? I am looking for something where I can do some hiking and get some time away from people (so no crowds).

The best place to go camping is in da UP! Sorry to tell you that - it's probably farther than you wanted to go...

Good luck finding somewhere a little closer to home...enjoy yourselves!

Mary :bs2:

[quote:3e9d1fa3f1][i:3e9d1fa3f1]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:3e9d1fa3f1]
have you been to the La Jolla Indian Reservation? It's out by Cleveland National Forest and not by the beach like the city La Jolla.

-Paul [/quote:3e9d1fa3f1]

Was that in the fire ravaged area? I know most of the Cuyamaca area is pretty bad but the trees are coming back slowly. :sniff::( On a happier note, ther is always the Beach. Silver Strand State Park (I-75 Coronado) is really cool and there is a State Beach near Carlsbad If I recall correctly that has a great camping area. :banana:

[quote:632ad1a427][i:632ad1a427]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:632ad1a427]
I was just out there two weeks ago and it wasn't bad. I don't think the fire hit that area (by Warner Springs).

Yes, the beach is good. Chris just wanted a place to hike. I know torrey pines has some hiking trails but I don't think you can camp there.

I think San Elejo is the best beach camp site... but I've always been more prone to North County anyways...

p.s. how's george Maladin doing? And how is your church?

[Edited on 5-27-2004 by Paul manata] [/quote:632ad1a427]

Glad that area did not burn. I loved Cuyamaca but cannot go up there yet (too depressing) Torrey Pines has no camping area (the site is too close to Black's Beach anyway). It is a nice 3-1/2 mile hike.

Pastor Miladin is doing well and is hoping to retire next year. My church is doing quite well. We are still in La Mesa and there is talk of church planting if growth continues. :pilgrim:

I do not consider sleeping at the beach camping. Unless you are in the forest with the beach below. Anyway, I think I am going to head out towards Julian on the 12 and 13 of next month. I am going to do some hiking and reading. I have ben thinking about the camp food and I am making myself hungry! I love cooking out in the woods. I will also have to make sure I take a good supply of a good pipe tobacco.:detective:

I will have to look it up on the Parks site.

I went to Julian after the fire to take a look. I don't mind the burn but is is a little sad.

[quote:d4cda0892f][i:d4cda0892f]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:d4cda0892f]
I know you guys were having to make a big decision (if you know what I mean) what happened to that? [/quote:d4cda0892f]
It is going forward. Majority voted to continue the process and Session is working on the next steps. That is all I know (there are rumors and speculation aplenty). It will be interesting to see the process.

[quote:58b05a2a9b][i:58b05a2a9b]Originally posted by Christopher[/i:58b05a2a9b]
I will have to look it up on the Parks site.

I went to Julian after the fire to take a look. I don't mind the burn but is is a little sad. [/quote:58b05a2a9b]

I understand Julian (and Dudley's in Santa Ysabel) are mostly intact but the outlying areas are pretty much gone.

I got spoiled growing up between Spokane, Wa and Seattle, WA. Millions of places to camp. Lots of trees, lots of lakes, it's cool at night, etc.

I moved to Texas 5 years ago and learned one thing quickly ... You can't camp in Texas in the summer!

Not camping with hiking and swimming. You can go trailer camping, or RV camping, but you have to stay out of the heat or you'll fry like bacon.

My kids will learn that we'll have to take our camping trips in March and October.

[quote:0761aa5ebf][i:0761aa5ebf]Originally posted by Christopher[/i:0761aa5ebf]
Lake Morena out near Campo, anyone (Californians) been there? [/quote:0761aa5ebf]

Nice area to camp out. It is pretty far away from town and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back