Can anyone recommend a good Jonah Commentary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redeemed

Puritan Board Freshman
I feel a burden to preach through Jonah after I finish Philippians.

I've got Hugh Martin's masterful work on Jonah so far. What else should I get?

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by Redeemed]

Alright, wouldn't you know it, for Christmas I got "Jonah" by Hugh Martin published by Banner of Truth ans part of their Geneva Series of Commentaries.

'Jonah - Prophet and Patriot' by David Ephraim Hart-Davies is a useful work recently re-printed and available from www.quintapress.com

He posits an interesting and valid theory about why Jonah did not do as he was told, and it is not cowardice, but a concern for the glory of God. A very interesting read.

JH

The Prophet Jonah by Samuel Burn
Jonah; His Life, Character, and Mission by Patrick Fairbairn.

The only problem is they might be out of print now.

Calvin is pretty good too.

I preached through the book of Jonah several years ago, and have those messages on tape if you would like them, I can send them to you. O. Palmer Robertson has a nice liitle book. If interested you can u2u me.
"In Christ',
Bobby

Originally posted by Preach
I preached through the book of Jonah several years ago, and have those messages on tape if you would like them, I can send them to you. O. Palmer Robertson has a nice liitle book. If interested you can u2u me.
"In Christ',
Bobby

Oh Oh send them please.

email me [email protected]

Originally posted by Preach
"In Christ',
Bobby

I got your devotional and the CD in the mail yesterday. Thanks brother.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back