Career jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solparvus

Puritan Board Senior
I have a big career transition I'm pondering, so I am looking to speak or correspond with someone who has done the following:

- Transitioned from public accounting practice to private industry
- Transitioned from tax-focused practice to financial accounting

It's a little bit of a jump, but if I can make the transition I would like to. They don't need to offer me a position (I'll consider it if they do though), but I'd like to speak to someone with experience.

Thanks!

Don't rule out government work. A lot of boomers are hitting the point where retirement beats working. The pay might be lower, but there are offsetting benefits.

So, as a tax accountant whose stood in the gap between clients and the government... if you can't beam 'em, join 'em? ;)

I think I'd still be in the situation of managing a transition. It's quite a world of difference going from taking on businesses as clients to working for only one business.

So, as a tax accountant whose stood in the gap between clients and the government... if you can't beam 'em, join 'em?

I was actually thinking non-IRS. I'm not sure what agencies might be located up in your neck of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back