Catabas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorBravo

Administrator
Staff member
My Monday court dockets usually run from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM with few breaks. I'm almost always on call, but not always doing something.

In the down moments I try to get caught up on research, correspondence, drafting, etc., but sometimes I get tired of that and try to write down the background music in my head that I always seem to have going. Here is a link to an mp3 snapshot of my latest meandering.

My wife heard it and tells me she thinks I have too many cases that make my life chaotic. Maybe so, but I thought it was sort of orderly. The synthesizer version makes me chuckle because it reminds me of kids with kazoos getting carried away.

In any event, I prefer writing music as a time consumer over the Candy Crush game that many of my fellow attorneys have gotten sucked into. The clips are about 2 minutes and 30 seconds long.

Synthesizer version:

catabas_synth.mp3

Piano version:

catabas_piano.mp3

It sounds like it should go to an Apogee platform game in the tradition of Commander Keen.

Vic:

Have you considered having this play in the background on your firm's web site?

I liked the piano version best: when we were listening to that one earlier I kept remembering some mental images of unpredictable swoops in a bird's flight. I hear music in my sleep, and sometimes when I wake up I can hear it for a few moments after. I have no idea where it comes from for I am the least musical person I know in real life and understand very little of the technicalities of music (I am still mystified by the circle of fifths). But it is beautiful and not something I have heard before. It has to be the effect of something about our capacity for hearing, for I could never compose anything.

Hey, that's really interesting. I hear something that's moved past classical but hasn't given up hope on beauty and order.

I am still mystified by the circle of fifths

There are a couple of partial circle of fifths modulations there just for you. I'm partial to the piano version too. It is something I can actually play rather than having to program.

I hear something that's moved past classical but hasn't given up hope on beauty and order.

I appreciate the observation. You've identified my lifelong musical conflict and aspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back