"Catholics" citing Ratzinger as heretic

Discussion in 'Cults & World Religions' started by john_Mark, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_Mark

john_Mark Puritan Board Freshman

The whole article is here: http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Heresy_of_the_Week.html

One sample of the charges:

Interesting.

2. smallbeans

smallbeans Puritan Board Freshman

I'd be cautious, though, whenever you see a quote like that where an author says something of the form:

"X teaches Y and not Z"

Because in a larger context, he could be making a completely valid point. In other words, he could simply be saying we're going to be standing in the body at the resurrection, rather than our bodies being separate from us or something. I haven't seen the section, but that's a possible meaning he might be using from context.

Just like in our circles where there are some doctrinal precisionists who are always trying to catch a brother in some error or another, there are the same kind of perspectives in Roman Catholic circles - people who resent Vatican II, etc. So-called "Old Catholics" are an example.

3. tcalbrecht

tcalbrecht Puritan Board Junior

If this partial quote is the best they can do, I suspect they are intentionally casting their opponent in the worst possible light.

Besides, what's the point? Even the devil believes in the bodily resurrection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.