CBD is doing it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy 'em if I hadn't bought them for the same price from them 3 years ago. It's a good deal.

Ha! I got the whole set for $70 on ebay a few years ago.
Ahh ... but what you don't know is that CBD has provide Calvin's formerly unpublished commentary on the book of the Revelation. :lol:

Blast. That would be worth the original price of the whole thing, wouldn't it?

By the way, I love how the website says:

CBD Price: $99.99
You Save $900.01 (90%)

Ha, you save $900. A deal like that would have people lining up outside Target or Walmart for days, no matter what you're selling. Maybe we should publish this deal widely: people won't care what they're buying, they just want the deal. Thus comes all of America to read Calvin. It can't fail.

I dropped VERY broad hints to my wife that it would be wonderful to receive . . .

Concise Reformed Theology
Publisher: P and R Publishing Company
Author: Van Genderen, J.; Velema, W. H.
ISBN-13: 9780875525778
Binding: Hardcover
List Price: $59.99

And, ever since Nate Eshelman got me hooked on bow ties in May, that is all I wear (5x or 6x per week). So, my kids will probably skip the theology and opt for the bow ties this year.

Oh man, not the food vs. books dilemma again.

Well, that's better than the old Merle Haggard line "If I buy the bread, I can't afford the wine!" :lol:

-----Added 12/10/2008 at 01:37:30 EST-----

Ha! I got the whole set for $70 on ebay a few years ago.
Ahh ... but what you don't know is that CBD has provide Calvin's formerly unpublished commentary on the book of the Revelation. :lol:

You Save $900.01 (90%)
Ha, you save $900. A deal like that would have people lining up outside Target or Walmart for days, no matter what you're selling. Maybe we should publish this deal widely: people won't care what they're buying, they just want the deal. Thus comes all of America to read Calvin. It can't fail.

I wonder if Wal-Mart is still selling Turretin on their website.

Oh man, not the food vs. books dilemma again.

Well, that's better than the old Merle Haggard line "If I buy the bread, I can't afford the wine!" :lol:

-----Added 12/10/2008 at 01:37:30 EST-----

You Save $900.01 (90%)

I wonder if Wal-Mart is still selling Turretin on their website.

I remember a'Brakel being available at Wal-Mart at one time. Turretin is mentioned on their website but I think the site will just send you to Barnes & Noble.

Walmart.com: Institutes of Electric Theology Volume 3, Turretin, Francis: Religion

I recently ordered a set of Turretin's Elenctics and asked my wife if she wanted to wrap them for me for Xmas. I just got the ol' eye roll. :rolleyes:

Wow, you had me going for a while: if I were walking down the Walmart aisle and saw Wilhemus a Brakel, I think I would faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back