Cheyenne Reformation Conference September 18-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRoper

Puritan Board Graduate
We are excited to have Robert Godfrey as our guest speaker to this year's conference at Northwoods Presbyterian Church, Cheyenne, Wyoming. The topic is "Drawing Near to God in these Dark Times: A Conference Emphasizing Worship and Holiness."

The schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 18, 2015

5:45 p.m. Registration opens
6:30 p.m. Conference Concert
7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Session 1: Jesus the Foundation
Hebrews 3:1-2 exhorts us to consider Christ, the high priest of our confession, has faithfully accomplished all the Father asked of Him. This presentation will emphasize the foundational teaching of the Word concerning worship and holiness by focusing on Christianity in the beginning.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

8:30 a.m. Registration opens
9:00 – 10:15 Session 2: Temptations to Fall Away
Hebrews 3:12 exhorts us to be aware of those with an “evil, unbelieving heart” so we are not drawn away from the “living God”. This presentation will examine corruptions in the ancient and medieval Church.

Break

10:30 – 11:45 Session 3: The Word at Work
Hebrews 4:12 stresses the power of the Word to enter the deepest recesses of a person’s being “discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart”. This presentation will reveal how the Word working in faithful servants brought about the Reformation and its glorious results.

12:00 – 12:45 Lunch

1:00 – 2:00 Session 4: Grace and Power
Hebrews 4:16 reminds us that we have been granted priestly access to God. This presentation will examine the Church today and call us to cry out to God for revival and restoration of the light in this dark age.

2:00-2:15 Break
2:15-3:15 Q&A session
3:15 Conference Ends

Lord’s Day, September 20, 2015

We extend a warm invitation to all visitors to worship with us. Dr. Godfrey will be preaching at our 10:30 a.m. service.
Title: The Call to Worship
Text: Psalm 95

More information and registration here:
http://conference.wyreformed.org/

Would love to see you there!

Scott,

When I was a student at Kuyper College in Grand Rapids, I had your pastor for a Reformation History class. He was studying at Calvin Seminary and working on his PhD at the time. I remember his class fondly.

I would love to come up to WY sometime and worship with you all.

Please give my regards and I will pray that the conference goes well.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back