Chick-fil-a I wish we had that here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The restaurants have nice personal touches too. In some, you will find small vases with flowers on the tables.

And they have wi-fi!

I used to manage a Chick-Fil-A. It is a great company to work for (even though each store is individually "owned" and operated). I can gladly say that after 3 almost 4 years as a manager (and eating the food EVERY day), it is still my favorite quick service restaurant, and I would still eat it EVERY day...it just costs more now. (How many people do you know who have worked fast food who have vowed to never eat again where they worked? I would gladly do it at CFA, and don't know any who have worked there who would say otherwise...that's saying something.)

They do independent quality checks on all their food. They stress customer service...they call it "Second Mile Service" (bet you can guess where they get the reference). Truett still has an active role, though his oldest son Dan is basically running CFA. The Cathys have started the Windshape foundation, and have adopted many children and fostered many as well. I would say if you have one near you, give them as much business as you can afford; it is a great company.

It (along with cheese-steaks & leftovers) kept me going on night shift at Lockheed-Martin. We were across the parking lot from the King of Prussia mall food court and it was the only place worth buying from.

Ups just realised that this might offend sabbatarians, if so a Mod or Admin has my blessing to erase it, if they deem it the right cause of action

Could I have your blessing, Martin? :lol:

All you have in Denmark is lutefisk and sardines. And Frikadeller meat balls (the Danish national dish) with cabbage in white sauce :p

I don't eat at Chick-fil-A... even though they "keep the Sabbath." Why?
Because business is business and I think they are way overpriced given the amount and quality of what you get.

Because business is business and I think they are way overpriced given the amount and quality of what you get.

I would think that this would be a matter of opinion.

Amount = I tend to agree agree with you

Quality = As compared to what? McDonalds?

They did use to seem pricey, but now their prices seem pretty competitive. I think some others have gone up while theirs haven't increased as much.

The cost is why I don't eat there as much now. Arby's is another "expensive" fast food place to eat.

Can we get a list going of Mormon businesses so we can stay away from such heathen places? :D

I just ate at Chick-fil-a yesterday!! It is the BEST fast food around. And they are the only fast food place I've been too that gets your order right the first time. I think I'll eat there tomorrow YUMM, I'm hungry now.

When we went on our field trip we were amazed at how family oriented they are. They only work school kids one night a week and only until 7, and only one night on the weekend. The weekend being Friday and Saturday. They also give scholarships to any kid who works for two years to any school they choose. We are encouraging our daughter to try to get a job there. They take care of their employees from what we have seen.

I would much rather give my money to them even if it cost a little more to go there. We get coupons in the mail a lot around here and it actually makes it more affordable. I think you get far better service at their restaraunts than any other fast food place I have ever seen. They are quick, friendly and helpful.

Here in Lubbock Texas we have the most awesome Chick Fil A in all the land.
The manager is a great guy named Brandon Mulkey.

His entire family is a blessing to this town.

OHHHH did I mention he goes to Providence PCA?

Nice to know about the Baptist connection. All of them around here are owned by Church of Christ members and I thought they all were.:um:

Reasons to pay a little more to eat at Chick-fil-A:

1. Christian owned, Christian friendly.

2. CLEAN!!

3. Food does not make you sick.

4. Kids meals have no satanic marketing ploys--they give books, cd's and educational offerings!!

5. Great tea!

6. They invented a chicken sandwich that actually tastes good. Imagine that!

7. Of all fast food restaurants, they have the lowest calorie offerings for those who care about such things.

8. They cook in peanut oil, not re-used engine grease trans fats like the others.

Chick-fil-A all the way!

I am going to have to disagree! There are many ways to eat affordably @ CFA, and we are always full when we leave. They have kids eat free nights, they often have people fundraising there, where you spin a wheel for $0.50 and get a coupon--once the person manning the wheel asked what kind of coupon we were hoping to get--we said free chicken, so they said, "How many coupons do you want?" We gave $10 and got 20 coupons! We have been living off of those for a long time! For our small family, we can go, buy one combo meal, use the coupon and get another sandwich. Then if we go on a promo night, like kid's night, we buy another combo meal and get a free kid's meal. That is plenty of food for the four of us and costs about $11.

We also bought the calendar, which has something free every month.

I'm actually meeting a friend there today!

The Chick-fil-A that is owned by my friend's parents give our homeshool group coupons for the children and family members free meal coupons for good grades. They also do that for many others as well.

I am going to have to disagree! There are many ways to eat affordably @ CFA, and we are always full when we leave. They have kids eat free nights, they often have people fundraising there, where you spin a wheel for $0.50 and get a coupon--once the person manning the wheel asked what kind of coupon we were hoping to get--we said free chicken, so they said, "How many coupons do you want?" We gave $10 and got 20 coupons! We have been living off of those for a long time! For our small family, we can go, buy one combo meal, use the coupon and get another sandwich. Then if we go on a promo night, like kid's night, we buy another combo meal and get a free kid's meal. That is plenty of food for the four of us and costs about $11.

We also bought the calendar, which has something free every month.

I'm actually meeting a friend there today!

Have fun.

When we want a restaurant, we go to a real restaurant. When we want fast food, we want palatable food on the cheap. I think Chick-fil-A is only slightly better than other fast food places, and in my opinion the "slight betterness" isn't worth the additional cost. But to each their own.

We hardly ever eat fast food unless we're on a road trip. We don't get dressed up and say, "Guess what kids! We're going to go have Fast Food for supper! Yay!"

My kids eat there when they go to the mall, and Ben I agree it is a bit expensive for fast food..so as a family we don't go there very often either.

Though I prefer them over McDonalds, McDonalds has burgers for $0.59/0.69 cent on Wednesday..and one of the other local fast food places has buy two burgers for $2.00 every day or $0.69 cent burgers; cheese burgers and shakes one day a week...or I can go out and pick up 3 pizza's for $15 which is still cheaper for our family...however, it's even cheaper to cook and eat at home..than it is to go out to eat..

One of our local pizza places is also closed on Sunday's and they give discounts for church groups and schools when they order food from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back