Chick-fil-a I wish we had that here

Status
Not open for further replies.

PresbyDane

Puritanboard Doctor
[video=youtube;NsJHqstPuNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo[/video]

Ups just realised that this might offend sabbatarians, if so a Mod or Admin has my blessing to erase it, if they deem it the right cause of action

How did you find that? Doing research on Restaurants that keep the sabbath?

They must only have them in the south.

I haven't seen one. An hey nothing closes here because of the Lord's Day. Its almost as Godless in Washington as your country.

Then explain which of you is Hoops and which of you is Yoyo in your avatar!

Good question! It depends on the day. I am pretty silly, so I think I am both and my friend Andrea is the little blue bear that always sings.

Chic-fil-a is Mormon owned. They, strangely, observe the Lord's Day. That's why it is closed on Sundays. :confused:

edit: The entire chain is not owned by Mormons. The few Chic-fil-a franchises I've been to in the Carolina's have been owned by Mormons. In their kid's meals packs they had Mormon literature and such. I was led to believe that it was Mormon owned by the management. Apparently, he was speaking for that individual store.

Sorry for the confusion.

Wow, some of you loooovve chicken sandwiches. ;)

Last edited:
Chic-fil-a is Mormon owned. They, strangely, observe the Lord's Day. That's why it is closed on Sundays.

No, actually the owner is Southern Baptist. At least that is what we were told when we went for a field trip about a year ago. Has it been sold since then?

From what we know, they are an excellent company to work for and we always go there over all other fast food when possible.

S. Truett Cathy is the President and CEO of Chick-fil-A. He is a Southern Baptist, not a Mormon. Let's get that misconception straightened out quick.

Chic-fil-a is Mormon owned. They, strangely, observe the Lord's Day. That's why it is closed on Sundays. :confused:

NOT TRUE!!!!

Truett Cathey is a Baptist (Southern Baptist, to be precise).

-----Added 4/14/2009 at 08:45:16 EST-----

Ups just realised that this might offend sabbatarians, if so a Mod or Admin has my blessing to erase it, if they deem it the right cause of action

It shouldn't. The owner puts his wallet on the line to honor the Lord's day.

S. Truett Cathy is the President and CEO of Chick-fil-A. He is a Southern Baptist, not a Mormon. Let's get that misconception straightened out quick.

It's unfortunate that so many people in the public square who taken their religion seriously are Mormon, which (in my opinion) leads to these kinds of misconceptions.

We LOVE Chick-Fil-A!!!!
They are awesome, have great promotions, FANTASTIC customer service, and yummy food.
PLUS, a great kids area!

Move to Arizona, brother! They even have a presence at the Arizona State University Student Center! My son lived off them for five years. ;)

My wife and I love Chik-fil-A! In a city with literally every type of food of every ethnicity available any time of day or night, we still really miss Chik-fil-A. What I would give for a #1 Combo with a large sweet tea and perhaps a chocolate milkshake for dessert...mmmmm....

I know it's true because only a Southern Baptist can cook like that! :)

The missus and love to stop at Chick-fil-A while on the road and have their delicious b'fast burritos. They stop serving them at 10:30, though, so sometimes it's hard to work them in. We were excited when we came up to L'ville to "interview" for the pastorate here and realized that we passed into Central Time when we crossed into Tennessee. Even though it was 11:15 or so Georgia/L'ville time, it was 10:15 in Murfreesboro!!!. Our "lunch" was delicious b'fast burritos from Chick-fil-A!!!!

It's unfortunate that so many people in the public square who taken their religion seriously are Mormon, which (in my opinion) leads to these kinds of misconceptions.

The parents of a good friend of mine are 'owners' of the first outside Chick-fil-A in Mobile. The one on Dauphin Street. There is no way in the world they would work for Mormons. The Cathys are good folks. Really good folks.

BTW, a franchise owner doesn't own the building with Chick-fil-A. That is why I put owner in quotation marks. That way the company can keep its quality high. Smart.

Actually my sister-in-law once told me Truett Cathy was Roman Catholic and had donated the money to start Ave Maria University. Uh, no, that would be former Domino's Pizza owner and founder Tom Monaghan who initiated the founding of Ave Maria University with a donation of $250 million.:lol:

Hey. They have Chick-Fil-A's in Cali now...

But, what I think the rest of the world is missing out on is In-N-Out...

Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are both closed on Sundays. Hobby Lobby even posts a sign that explains the closure is to give time for worship and families. So all my money for yarn, needles, etc. for knitting goes to Hobby Lobby.

When they do what's right, we need to support them.

Oh the joys of living in South Carolina. We have lots of Chick-fil-A's here. I love their waffle fries! The restaurant's are always clean, good iced tea, good chicken, and my girls loved the play ground when they were younger because it was so clean and didn't smell like the McD's did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back