Chick-fil-A in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
The LGBT lobby were successful in thwarting Chik-fil-A's entrance into the UK (Here). However, to the consternation of the LGBT lobby, they have now opened in Aviemore (Here). The owner of the hotel chain, Donald Macdonald is a Christian from the Isle of Harris. As I understand, he isn't one to yield to the leftists. I'd love to see a Chik-fil-A up in my neck of the woods!

It is surprising to me that a fast-food chain would occasion one of the clearest examples of our cultures bigotry against Christianity, but it has. We are steadily moving to the place where simply being a Christian will bar one from having any meaningful place in society.

It is surprising to me that a fast-food chain would occasion one of the clearest examples of our cultures bigotry against Christianity, but it has. We are steadily moving to the place where simply being a Christian will bar one from having any meaningful place in society.
Indeed, and this quickly increase. I have found that the best way for me to combat this evil is to find a support small local business that are run by faithful Christians. The last few months I have found an electrician, plumber, carpet cleaner and a pool supply store that are run by brothers and are all closed on the Lords day. It’s a small thing, but helps against the coming tidal wave of persecution.

I work for Chick-fil-A. The current 2 locations are short term, limited menu locations that are testing grounds as we look to grow internationally. We only signed a 6 month lease with the Reading hotel which is being honored.

I'm moving to Cornwall as a Pastor / Missionary in December. We have already decided that on the drive down from London we will be stopping at the Reading store. From what I've heard many people are flocking to Chick-Fil-A there, so hopefully that means more stores will open in the UK.

Personally, I would love to see one in Newquay, Cornwall, but that is just so I can walk to it!

I understand they "sprinkle" oil on their chicken. As a Baptist pastor I thought you would not approve of that ;)

Not only do you get the mode and qualifications for baptism wrong, now you are comparing baptism to fried chicken. Clearly our paedobaptist brethren need to study the subject some more. Next time someone in a paedobaptist church does a sermon on baptism, I'll expect to hear them use the analogy of fried chicken. :p

Not only do you get the mode and qualifications for baptism wrong
I said nothing about the mode and qualifications for Baptism.

I am not sure if you are aware, I come from a part of the South Island which has Baptist quantities of rain (as you may be aware the clouds from the Tasman Sea dump the rain on the West Coast before they cross over the Southern Alps).

What is strange is that I have yet to meet one homosexual who avoids Chick-Fil-A. I work for a liberal company that has ordered CFA numerous times with no protest from the LGBT D&I crowd.

CFA opened recently at the busiest intersection in Toronto.

My three attempts to dine there were foiled by hours long lineups.

Last edited:
The LGBT lobby were successful in thwarting Chik-fil-A's entrance into the UK (Here). However, to the consternation of the LGBT lobby, they have now opened in Aviemore (Here). The owner of the hotel chain, Donald Macdonald is a Christian from the Isle of Harris. As I understand, he isn't one to yield to the leftists. I'd love to see a Chik-fil-A up in my neck of the woods!

Planning a trip up to Aviemore for the end of November, dv! Can't wait. Hope it's still there...

I ate my first Chik-Fil-A sandwich in 1976 in Illinois. I love the little pickle slice they put on top. Why am I even writing this? Is this Facebook or something?;)

What is strange is that I have yet to meet one homosexual who avoids Chick-Fil-A. I work for a liberal company that has ordered CFA numerous times with no protest from the LGBT D&I crowd.
"Real-life" homosexuals and the LGBT+ Agenda brand are starting to diverge in surprising ways. A good number of homosexuals are clear-sighted enough to see that the "T" presents a big problem for some of their own fundamental assumptions. You can't have your rainbow cake and eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back