Chinchillas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the one on your head, LadyFlynt! What cute little critters. I just can't let my daughter see them, or she will figure out a way to buy one for herself. We already have too many critters in our home. (The latest addition to her zoo is a tarantula)

Banana spiders are cool. They make huge webs. Get huge and eat lots of bugs. Throwing crickets into the webs is cool. Dropping them onto unruly campers is cool. Putting them in coffee mugs is cool.

When I was young I was running through some corn stalks in the small backyard of a friend's house. Apparently banana spiders set up shop there and ate the many bugs you mentioned. I ran into them, and it was one of the scariest moments of my life. :um:

Man, I would love to kill one of those things :lol:

[Edit--Oh yeah, and I should mention that I had never seen a banana spider before so I didn't know if they would attack, if they were poisonous, etc.]

:sing: Beautiful bunch of ripe bananas
(Daylight come an me wan go home)
Hide the deadly black tarantula!
(Daylight come an me wan go home) :sing: :banana:

Banana spiders are cool. They make huge webs. Get huge and eat lots of bugs. Throwing crickets into the webs is cool. Dropping them onto unruly campers is cool. Putting them in coffee mugs is cool.
You were a very active and imaginative child, weren't you :D

-----Added 3/6/2009 at 05:20:02 EST-----

Love the one on your head, LadyFlynt! What cute little critters. I just can't let my daughter see them, or she will figure out a way to buy one for herself. We already have too many critters in our home. (The latest addition to her zoo is a tarantula)

I don't do tarantulas, though I hear they can be quite tame if handled properly. Banana Spiders are the only ones I can handle. I used to have nightmares about regular ole house spiders.

Chinches are a PAIN to take care of and they STINK!!!, If you see one turn it into a nice STEAK, DO NOT keep it for a pet...unless.....you don't care about the horrendous smell and upkeep :)

Chinches are a PAIN to take care of and they STINK!!!, If you see one turn it into a nice STEAK, DO NOT keep it for a pet...unless.....you don't care about the horrendous smell and upkeep :)

Yes, there is upkeep. You have to take care of the litter in it's cage. You also have to give it a dust bath every day. We never had a stink issue while the relatives and their chin lived here. I've held it and it didn't stink. Ferrets STINK.

I would say that Chins are great for people that can spend the time with them. I don't, thus why we don't have one (note: this wasn't our chin and I didn't have to care for him...he lived here with his owners).

Okay...so I'll admit that they are realy fun to play with and chase, my friend Quaid and I used to take his, set them down, count to three and then open our eyes and look for them, they can almost fit anywhere. I am just not an animal person, I guess they can grow on me.

Okay...so I'll admit that they are realy fun to play with and chase, my friend Quaid and I used to take his, set them down, count to three and then open our eyes and look for them, they can almost fit anywhere. I am just not an animal person, I guess they can grow on me.

Wasn't there a Curious George story with that plotline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back