Christ a Prince, as well as a Saviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

AdMEANistrator
Staff member
Andrew Gray (Works, p. 31):

[J]ustifying faith taketh Christ as well for a Prince, as it taketh him for a Saviour: and if Solomon did discern who was the true mother of the child, by that, that she who would have the child divided, was not the mother of the child; so we may say, that they who would divide Christ in his offices, it is an evidence that they are not amongst those who are actually made partakers of the adoption of children: there is somewhat of this pointed at in John 6:60, where that which made many who were his disciples (and did once believe) desert him, was because of the hardness of his commands, this is a hard saying, who can bear it? And it is certain, that it is a greater difficulty for a Christian to take Christ as a Prince, than as a Saviour: for by that he must make an absolute resignation of himself over to Christ never to be reduced, O! when saw you such a sight of Christ, that you were constrained to cry out (without a compliment) to him, “Truly I am thy servant, I am thy servant?” Or were you never ravished with one of his eyes: nor overtaken with one chain of his neck: believe me, they who see him, do believe that his commands are not grievous.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back