Christ - The Savior of the World - 16 New Testament Verses for Meditation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings beloved,

Here are 16 verses that teach that Jesus is the Savior of the whole world. I was very encouraged as I picked these verses. Maybe you will be too.

Christ - The Savior of the Whole World

John 1:9 (KJV 1900)
9 That [Jesus] was the true Light, which lighteth
every man that cometh into the world.

John 1:29 (KJV 1900)
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which
taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16,17 (KJV & ESV)
16 For
God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1 John 4:14 (ESV)
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

John 4:42 (ESV)

42 They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”
Note: Said by the Samaritans to the woman at the well.

John 6:33 (KJV 1900)
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and
giveth life unto the world.

John 8:12 (KJV 1900)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 9:5 (KJV 1900)
5 As long as I am in the world,
I am the light of the world.

John 12:47 (KJV 1900)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world,
but to save the world.

John 17:21,23 (KJV 1900)
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:
that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 Timothy 4:10 (ESV)
10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

1 John 2:2 (ESV)
2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV 1900)
To wit, that
God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 John 4:14 (KJV 1900)
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be
the Saviour of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back