Christian Guy Totally Owns Mormons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said neither of them were interrupting. That's a natural part of nearly all informal conversation. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what he thought concerning their respective "races," as it is not germane to the conversation. So, although there were interruptions on both parts, I didn't interpret rudeness, only arrogance from, as you called him, the "brother."

His whole presentation was about how he and his friends refuted these boys. Not the triumph of Christ's Gospel over false Gospels. He was so stuck on how well he did. Bleh.
Well, with that said, and what I've seen (and, unfortunately, done), this proves to me that debates -- whether formal or informal -- only wind up making both parties look like fools. Cases in point: Dinesh D'Souza vs. Christopher Hitchens and D'Souza vs. Daniel Dennett.

Even the Apostle Paul knew when to walk away when he knew that the opposing parties weren't receptive.:think:

What is a "(Black) Israelite/Hebrew"? I saw this title on an alternate version of the video and didn't know what it meant. The website mentions Christ, but I also see wishes for a happy Hannukkah. This group is particularly contra-Galatians, I think?

The last 10 seconds or so could have been foregone. I have found in myself that with great knowledge comes great pride, so I believe he suffers the same affliction. However, he blew my stereotype of him away. I live in a very, very black city and most black men dressed like him can barely read or articulate themselves in a civil fashion. He blew me away. His knowledge and ability to quote Scripture off the cuff far surpasses mine.

You might also think of where he's comming from culturally. Although he is very articulate and extremely well versed, a lot of black men conversate in a very similar way to the way he was doing. Getting loud is not getting angry, or even necessarily being boastful, nor is it meant to be a scare tactic; but rather it seems to be more emphatic than anything, and a result of the conversation being highly charged. I myself get extremely loud when I am making an emphatic point. I'm not trying to scare the otherp erson, or shout them down, I just get excited. It doesn't help that I'm naturally a conversation dominator either.

The last 10 seconds though were boastful, and it repelled me.

Edit: I always have to edit after I read the post above mine, because I never seem to make it to the end of the thread. I only read about 2 maximum repetitive posts and then I figure the thread is done for. I'm sad to hear that the man is a false teacher and blasphemer. He really encouraged me there for a second.

Last edited:
What is a "(Black) Israelite/Hebrew"? I saw this title on an alternate version of the video and didn't know what it meant. The website mentions Christ, but I also see wishes for a happy Hannukkah. This group is particularly contra-Galatians, I think?

Looks like it! :ditto:

My wife and my sister are both Ex-Mormons. At the time they were Mormon, they probably would have thought this guy was persecuting them. They thought that about me too. I wasn't very crazy about his approach. Even though he exposed some of their inconsistencies, he slam dunked them rather than talking with them. My wife and I were friends for 2 years before she became a Christian. At the time I met her, I was reading a lot of Van Til, so I decided to look into their worldview and see if I could find some inconsistencies in her commitments (which wasn't very hard).

When I speak to my wife's family or to her Mormon friends, I use the transcendental critique of their worldview. I look at a Mormons faith commitments or worldview, and I will argue that their worldview does not meet the preconditions of intelligibility. The Mormon cannot account for moral absolutes since their god changes. Nor can the Mormon account for the uniformity of nature since their god does not control all things. The Mormon cannot account for logic since their god is still learning and could be wrong. The god of Mormonism is just a exalted man who had a few breaks..

Mormons right off the bat believe that you hate them, so my advice would be to actually love them and care for them. The fast food approach of evangelism doesn't really do any good. It takes years for a Mormon to break out from all their terminology and old beliefs. This means it takes a lot time and a lot of investment. :2cents:

The last 10 seconds or so could have been foregone. I have found in myself that with great knowledge comes great pride, so I believe he suffers the same affliction. However, he blew my stereotype of him away. I live in a very, very black city and most black men dressed like him can barely read or articulate themselves in a civil fashion. He blew me away. His knowledge and ability to quote Scripture off the cuff far surpasses mine.

You might also think of where he's comming from culturally. Although he is very articulate and extremely well versed, a lot of black men conversate in a very similar way to the way he was doing. Getting loud is not getting angry, or even necessarily being boastful, nor is it meant to be a scare tactic; but rather it seems to be more emphatic than anything, and a result of the conversation being highly charged. I myself get extremely loud when I am making an emphatic point. I'm not trying to scare the otherp erson, or shout them down, I just get excited. It doesn't help that I'm naturally a conversation dominator either.

The last 10 seconds though were boastful, and it repelled me.

Edit: I always have to edit after I read the post above mine, because I never seem to make it to the end of the thread. I only read about 2 maximum repetitive posts and then I figure the thread is done for. I'm sad to hear that the man is a false teacher and blasphemer. He really encouraged me there for a second.
Gloria must have known something that some of us would not have been able to pick up on. Just a certain subtle quirk on that guy that would have kept most of us oblivious. I am thankful to her for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back