Christians don't blaspheme God, do they? A new work on this ever-growing sin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
We often do not think we'd be involved in blaspheming God as Christians. Boy, does Brinsley do a number on that...

(I have to admit, Brinsley has fast become one of my favorite puritans...)

An Antidote Against Blasphemy – by John Brinsley (1600-1665)

John Brinsley (1600-1665), the younger, was a Presbyterian puritan divine who was a powerful Reformed Gospel preacher and writer.

Printed by Edmund Calamy, and with a hearty recommendation from Simeon Ashe, this powerful work by John Brinsley explains 2 Timothy 3:2, “For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers…” He explains that in his day (and now in ours) there were those who “sigh and cry” for many abominable blasphemies which are expressed and belched out into the face of God’s Divine Majesty. His purpose is to demonstrate and create a Scriptural antidote to the many “contagions” that roam the corridors of the church, and blaspheme Jesus Christ and his people.

In this masterful treatise he covers the biblical definitions of blasphemy, how God is personally blasphemed, what are heretics and false professors, gives a number of applications to the text, and demonstrates how Christians may avoid blaspheming God. You may think, “I don’t do that so I don’t need this work,” but that would be presumptuous. Every Christian, every day, is faced with various instances of bringing reproach to Christ and his word. This work is an antidote to those temptations.

This work is not a scan or facsimile and has been made easy to read with an active table of contents for electronic versions.

eBook Package at the Puritan Shop
An Antidote Against Blasphemy - by John Brinsley (1600-1665) | The Puritan Shop

Kindle Download
Amazon.com: An Antidote Against Blasphemy eBook: John Brinsley: Kindle Store

Nook Download
BARNES & NOBLE | An Antidote Against Blasphemy by John Brinsley | NOOK Book (eBook)

Print Version
An Antidote Against Blasphemy by John Brinsley (Paperback)

HereticalBlasphemiesJohnBrinsley.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back