Christopher Reeve returns to Smallville this Wednesday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote:f1031e5f06][i:f1031e5f06]Originally posted by blhowes[/i:f1031e5f06]
I was surprised that there haven't been any posts to this thread yet today. Did anybody watch the show last night?

I thought last night's show was really cool. Can you imagine, even for an hour, having the power that the blond-haired girl had? I'm reminded of how it will be at the judgment, where the hidden secrets of the heart will have no place to hide, but will surely be brought forth.

I thought the part where she was talking with the football player was hilarious? If you could ask anybody to go out with you...:lol:

It sure was lucky for Clark that the boy in the pickup truck went unconscious when Clark grabbed the truck and pulled it back (as was the blond in the car).

[b:f1031e5f06]Craig wrote:[/b:f1031e5f06]
I look forward to more questions from Bob.

Did you see next weeks previews at the end of the show? Do you think Clark is actually restrained as shown, or was it just a dream sequence? If it really does happen, how do you think they'll gain control of Clark?

Bob
[/quote:f1031e5f06]

Bob,

Last nights episode was great. Chloe got the truth right from Lionel's lips, so now we all know for sure that Lionel really did hire Morgan Edge to kill his parents. I really think this season is going to end up with something really big about Lionel, in addition to his terminal liver disease.

The episode also revealed a side of Chloe to us that I think we all suspected was there, but never really saw. Chloe is a ambitious journalist whose love for the truth often comes before her concern for others, even her friends. If I were Clark, I would have a very difficult time forgiving Chloe for what she did. In her pursuit of the truth about Clark, she almost sacrificed her friendship with him.

The shock of all shocks..... when Pete kissed Chloe. That was AWESOME!!!!

Next weeks episode is going to be amazing because we are going to get a peak into the past of both Lex Luthor and Clark.

Just to fill you in some more, a few episodes back, Lex allegedly had a break with reality, to quote the words of Lionel. So Lionel ordered that Lex be given electroshock therapy. Lionel's secret intentions, however, were to erase Lex's memory because Lex had discovered that Lionel had hired Morgan Edge to kill his parents when he was a teenager so that he could use the insurance money to start his business. So when Lex received the shock therapy, the last seven weeks of his life were erased. So Lex goes to Dr. Garner at the Somerhault Neurological Institute and gets Dr. Garner to begin working on a way for Lex to regain the seven weeks of his memory that he lost. The next episode, called "Memoria" will be where Dr. Garner conducts his experiment on Lex. But evidently, from the way the previews looked, Clark is also going to submit to this experiment, which I think is why he looked to be restrained in the previews.

Here is the WB's official preview for next week's episode:

LEX DECIDES TO UNDERGO RADICAL TREATMENT TO REGAIN HIS MEMORY - Believing that key information about his father's (John Glover) past was lost when his memory was erased, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) decides to join an experimental program with Dr. Garner (guest star Martin Cummins) to regain the information so he can turn his father over to the FBI. Knowing that Lex will discover his secret if he regains his memory, Clark (Tom Welling) tries to stop him but is caught by Lionel and the doctor and exposed to the same radical treatment so that Lionel can solve the mystery of Clark's past.

The only disappointment with last nights episode was that when Clark had to give Chloe that HUGE shot right to the heart - that was the PERFECT opportunity to use X-Ray Vision, and they DIDN'T! D'oh! (I would have preferred the X-ray version to what they showed anyway.)

I think next week Clark will be restrained. Lionel Luther has been refining kryptonite for years and I am sure still has a stash somewhere. Did you notice in the preview that the tank Clark was suspended over was glowing [i:4c01ca047f]green[/i:4c01ca047f]......

Yep.....has to be kryptonite.

PW

[Edited on 4-22-04 by pastorway]

Okay, I promised that tonights episode was going to be awesome. And boy was I right. Probably the best episode all season (definitely the most dramatic). Now who watched it?

I watched the first half, but then had to switch stations at 8:30 because American Idol started then and I just had to find out who got ...

Just kidding. Last night's show was great. I was rivoted to the set. Its neat how they give you a few more pieces to the puzzle each week.

A couple more questions:

Apparently, Lex knew (before the shock treatment erased his memory) Clark's secret. Any idea how Lex had found out the secret?

How did Lex's mother die?

Bob

[quote:95569a1070][i:95569a1070]Originally posted by blhowes[/i:95569a1070]
I watched the first half, but then had to switch stations at 8:30 because American Idol started then and I just had to find out who got ...

Just kidding.[/quote:95569a1070]

Whew! Don't do that to me. :p

[quote:95569a1070]Last night's show was great. I was rivoted to the set. Its neat how they give you a few more pieces to the puzzle each week.

A couple more questions:

Apparently, Lex knew (before the shock treatment erased his memory) Clark's secret. Any idea how Lex had found out the secret?

How did Lex's mother die?

Bob [/quote:95569a1070]

As to how Lex found out about Clark, it happened earlier this season. Lex discovered that his father had hired Morgan Edge to kill his parents when he was a teenager so that he could use the insurance money to start his business. This information, of course, could send Lionel to prison, so when he found out that Lex knew this, he schemed to make Lex look crazy by drugging him through his Scotch that he always has brought to him at the mansion. (Having said that, it isn't known for sure how much of Lex's delerium is the result of the drugs and how much really is a mental disorder, but I think they are intentionally leaving it ambiguous like that so as to continue to develop Lex's character) So what ends up happening is Lex goes looking for Morgan Edge and finds him hiding away somewhere. Clark follows Lex and tries to stop him from killing Edge, but Edge is carrying a string of Kryptonite rocks because he also knows about Clark's secret and was expecting him to show up. So Edge starts beating up Clark and Lex wounds Edge, and while Lex is threatening to kill Clark because he thinks he is also involved in this conspiracy, Edge escapes and tries to run over Lex in his car. But before he can, Clark runs in and pushes Lex out of the way and the car hits Clark at 80 mph. The car is totalled and Clark pushes it off him, but Lex sees the whole thing. But this memory was lost during Lex's shock therapy, which is why he no longer knows.

And as far as Lex's mother is concerned, I don't think they have ever told us exactly how she died. Perhaps Phillip remembers them telling us, but I can't recall. Up until last night most of the details of Lex's family history was a mystery. A lot was cleared up last night though, as least in my mind it was. I couldn't believe it was actually Lillian and not Lex who killed Julian. What's even more astonishing is that Lex, even at such a young age, knew it would have been better for him to take the blame rather than his mother.

I just thought last night's episode was incredible, if not the best episode all season. Very dramatic. Did not Lex's memories from his childhood make you just want to cry your eyes out? What a poor child. I know Lex has to take responsibility for his own actions, but my goodness. Lionel Luthor is heartless.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by luvroftheWord]

By the way, Bob, if you want to watch some older episodes of Smallville, they show reruns on Sunday nights at 7:00 on the WB. This Sunday night will be the fourth episode of the second season, so you could actually see a whole lot of stuff you've missed by watching those reruns.

Also, beginning this fall, Smallville reruns will be shown on ABC. I assume that they will be beginning with the first episode, so if you're patient enough ( :wink: ) you can start at the beginning of the series this fall on ABC.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by luvroftheWord]

As to Lex's mother, we have known she died while Lex was young, but we have not been told how or exactly when. It was referred to by Lionel in one episode last year as a "terrible tragedy" when they lost her, but no details were given that I can recall. Wasn't Lionel telling Lex that he should not blame himself for his mother's death?

I was wondering why Clark went to Lionel instead of pursuing other means to deal with Lex. Ultimately I think Clark is too trusting! He may not be after this.

This episode definitely filled in a lot of blanks! I am looking forward to each installment now to the end of the season as each is seeming to build into a better and better show. I will disappointed when the season is over!

I did hear that Sean Astin (aka Samwise the Hobbit) will be directing a few episodes next season.

And just a bit of info that is funny to me. Why are all the women in Clark's life (except Martha Kent) all given names with the initials L.L.? Lana Lang, Lois Lane, and even his biological mother.....I mean his dad's name was Jor-El, and his name is Cal-El, and his mom's name is Lara, so that would be Lara-El right?? Lara L....hehehe

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back