Chronological-Harmony outline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccravens

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello,

I was wanting to go through the Bible, reading chronologically, so I purchased the ESV Chronological Bible. Problem solved. But then I decided that I wanted to read through the Bible also with a harmony of certain books where the same historical incidents are recounted in multiple books (Samuel, Kings, Chronicles in the OT - the gospels in the new). Is there a bible plan for such harmonies, maybe on a PDF or in a book/booklet?

I could liken what I'm looking for to what Calvin did in his commentary and harmony of the gospels. He will acknowledge and include the multiple passages concerning the same event, then choose one of them for his commentary. Could I read through my bible and not read the multiple accounts of the same event, but just one of the accounts?

Sorry if that is as clear as mud. And thanks for the help.

Hello,

I was wanting to go through the Bible, reading chronologically, so I purchased the ESV Chronological Bible. Problem solved. But then I decided that I wanted to read through the Bible also with a harmony of certain books where the same historical incidents are recounted in multiple books (Samuel, Kings, Chronicles in the OT - the gospels in the new). Is there a bible plan for such harmonies, maybe on a PDF or in a book/booklet?

I could liken what I'm looking for to what Calvin did in his commentary and harmony of the gospels. He will acknowledge and include the multiple passages concerning the same event, then choose one of them for his commentary. Could I read through my bible and not read the multiple accounts of the same event, but just one of the accounts?

Sorry if that is as clear as mud. And thanks for the help.
Right here: https://www.ligonier.org/posts/bible-reading-plans

Scroll down to the Chronological plan. I'm going through it this year.

Right here: https://www.ligonier.org/posts/bible-reading-plans

Scroll down to the Chronological plan. I'm going through it this year.
Yes, I have a chronological plan (ESV Chron Bible); I did downlaod the plan you suggested, but it does the same as the ESV: incidents that are the same (even the same words/sentences) are repeated. So the plan has you reading them both, just one after the other.

That sure is a great resource, though.

To make my question more clear (I hope): could I read through my bible and not read the multiple accounts of the same event, but just one of the accounts? And do so in chronological order?

Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back