Church discipline for marrying Roman Catholics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point being I think we send a mix signal when we accept someone’s baptism and claim that they come from an apostate church.
You want to discuss baptism, do so in the correct forum where the supposed mixed signal can be discussed. Not here.

The point was not a discussion of baptism, but instead membership and what is communicated which then is related to whom a believer can marry.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I am not saying that I would not counsel prior. I just would not stop after they were wed.

There are certain things I think need to be established first, prior to the wedding, such as the roles each will have in the marriage. I would want to resolve any unneeded or causes of stress before the marriage takes place.

There are certain things I think need to be established first, prior to the wedding, such as the roles each will have in the marriage. I would want to resolve any unneeded or causes of stress before the marriage takes place.

I am ok with that. I am just against the idea of not wedding based solely on the fact that the husband or wife is RC.

I've heard that statistically speaking, when such a marriage takes place it's the believer who will sooner or later cease practising his/her faith. one more reason to go to any lengths rather than allow it to go forward in the first place

That may be.

Scripture would counsel the believer to remain as they are, and by good behavior, try to lead the unbeliever toward Christ (knowing that only God can save). An extra burden, perhaps, but that is God's will- regardless of course of the nominal status of their Christianity.

Many face a lifetime of chastisement by God for the initial and then subsequent disobedience of this.

1 Peter 3

1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back