Church in the Largo, Florida area

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
Hi,
I'll be going to Largo, Florida on business for two weeks in November and have started looking for a church to attend. Any suggestions for a good reformed (baptist or Presbyterian) church in the area?

I started googling for reformed baptist churches in the area. I found one called Ahava Baptist Church that gave me a chuckle, when I saw this on the site home page:
poster03.jpg

( :lol: )

I think it is funny to the guy on the front page is wearing a Pooh-bear tie!
I didn't even notice that. Pooh-bear's cool, so obviously that'll be an important factor in choosing a church to attend :think:

Looks like there may be several good churches to choose from down there, Tampa Reformed Baptist for example:
Our purpose is to honor the Lord Jesus Christ and to be His servants here in the Tampa Bay Area.
We welcome you to come and worship with us. We come together to listen to God speak to us from the Bible. We seek to respond by worshipping Him, living in obedience to His Word, loving one another, and reaching out to those who are yet unconverted.

Let us describe for you the central part of our worship, which is the preaching of God's Word.

We believe preaching should be: expository, doctrinal, experiential, evangelistic, worship-centered, and practical.
Let us explain that more fully:...​

-----Added 10/6/2009 at 06:58:26 EST-----

I got a kick out of this one :lol:

emerginglurch.jpg
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back