Church Recommendation in the Fort Wayne IN area

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
No, I'm not moving . . . yet. However, my wife and I are closing on a house in Fort Wayne next week (D.V.).

[My suspicion is that mortgage rates will be rising in the next few years. Housing prices are at historic lows. We are able to buy a home 2x the size we owned in the L.A. area for 1/4 the price less than a mile from our middle child, her husband we dearly love, and our ONLY granddaughter -- and not too far from our 6 grandsons. Buying now secures a small mortgage at a small fixed rate . . . whenever we re-locate sometime during the next several years.]

In any case, does anyone have a recommendation for a church in Fort Wayne? Presbyterian, Reformed, or Reformed Baptist would be preferred.

Ruben, they are a wonderful and large broad evangelical ministry. One of my children teaches Bible at their school and her husband coaches basketball for them as a hobby.

However, I'm looking for something a little more intentionally Reformed, Calvinistic, Confesional, etc. After more than five and one half decades in broad evangelicalism, it sure would be nice to move beyond the fad of the week, the obligatory "7-11" worship music (7 words repeated 11 times), the dark stage with theater lights, and the self-consciously cool pastor in casual dress.

In other words, my prayer is to find a "not like this parody that is not so much a parody as a reminder of what it really is like today" YouTube - Sunday Morning

Having spent alomost my entire adult life as an "employee" of the church or parachurch agency, this is my first time to "find" a church. Honestly, it is a VERY daunting prospect!

I understand, Dennis: it wasn't an endorsement. I've just never heard of another church whose name sounded so much like covert-ops contractors.

Once you get beyond the monthly "black ops drills," rappelling out of choppers as a youth activity, building your own thermonuclear device out of commonly available household ingredients, and passing your "sharpshooter" designation test as a prerequisite for membership, it is pretty much like any other evangelical congregation. :lol:

Actually, I'm told that they were started by David Jeremiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back