Church Recommendation- Roswell, GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian R.

Puritan Board Freshman
Can anyone recommend a solid, confessional church in or very near Roswell, GA? My mother-in-law (currently not in church, likely unbeliever) has asked us to give her some options near her home. This is good news. She's probably unlikely to drive far, so we need something in the north metro Atlanta area. Greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks.

Christ OPC in East Cobb would probably be your best option that is fairly close and more confessionally minded. It's 7-10 miles away depending on what part of Roswell she's in. If she's on the east side of Roswell, Peachtree Corners ARP Church would be about the same difference away and could be worth considering.

I'm sure you're aware of the FCC in Snellville, but that looks like it's pushing a 35-40 minute drive from Roswell.

:banana:At first I thought I was going to read Roswell, NM and have some fun with the question.:banana:

Metropolitan Atlanta is split between three PCA presbyteries. Although there are some good churches in Metro Atlanta, best bet is to avoid that Presbytery. Of the two remaining, I'd take Northwest Georgia over Georgia Foothills. (As a general rule, congregations west of the river that affiliate with Metro Atlanta probably do so for a reason). Roswell is within driving range of all 3. Of the PCA churches, I'd specifically recommend Lost Mountain (a pretty good haul away in West Cobb) and Smyrna (surprisingly, in Smyrna).

While some folkis might see the RPCNA work in Atlanta and be temped to recommend it, she probably shouldn't visit it unless she has a kevlar vest and an up-armored vehicle.

OPC does have some works within driving distance, and OPC churches are almost always a safe bet.

This one looks to be about 20 minutes from Roswell
https://www.christopcatl.org/

Some directories show another OPC in Woodstock, but I couldn't locate it on the official OPC website.

As for ARP, here's one in Norcross, also within driving range:

https://www.pcarpchurch.org/ (Female deacons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back