Church Recommendations in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by BuckeyeGirl, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckeyeGirl

BuckeyeGirl Puritan Board Freshman

Are any PB members able to recommend a solid reformed church in the Columbus, Ohio, area?

In a few months, I'll be moving to Columbus for a new job. I lived there temporarily last year. During that time, I found a church that I like. It is non-denominational and does not overtly claim the "reformed" label. But, the preaching is excellent. The church website also includes recommendations for books by solid authors such as Dr. David Murray. I intend to contact the pastors at some point to find out where they stand on the Confessions, the Sabbath, the RPW, etc.

Regardless of their answers, I would like to explore other reformed churches in the area. I would prefer to join an RB church. However, I am open to attending a Presbyterian church if there are no good RB options. Thanks!

2. Jake

Jake Puritan Board Junior

3. sc_q_jayce

sc_q_jayce Puritan Board Freshman

Which side of Columbus are you planning on being around?

4. BuckeyeGirl

Covenant Community Church is actually on my list of churches to try, but it is about 45-50 minutes away from where I will be living. Lord willing, I'd like to find something a bit closer.

My mom has been attending an OPC church, and I'm favorably impressed with it. If I end up attending a Presbyterian church, that would be the denomination I'd want to try.

Thanks!!

5. BuckeyeGirl

I'll probably be downtown or within a 10-15 minute radius.

6. sc_q_jayce

sc_q_jayce Puritan Board Freshman

Okay, I see. A few choices from the Presbyterian Side that are closer to downtown:

OPC - Grace OPC (in Worthington, so a bit farther out from downtown)
    PCA - Grace Central (Short North)
    PCA - Hope Presbyterian (Grandview/Upper Arlington)

I serve at Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church in Gahanna.

As mentioned by others, there is another OPC church in Pataskala, Providence, where my in-laws attend and serve. On the west side there's two PCA churches, New City and Northwest Presbyterian. We also started a church plant in Westerville, called Story Presbyterian Church.

If you have any questions, let me know!

7. jawyman

jawyman Puritan Board Junior

8. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

I would recommend a LOT of due diligence with any "New City" church. It might be OK, but the name is a warning, just as a "Redeemer" usually serves as a signal of what to expect.

9. BuckeyeGirl

Thank you all for your input! Grace OPC looks promising, and I will also investigate the other suggestions. I've found another small Reformed Baptist church to add to my list as well.

10. Edward

11. BuckeyeGirl

12. fredtgreco

fredtgreco Vanilla Westminsterian Staff Member

13. Edward

I usually check out Farese when looking for RBs. The site has been substantially upgraded recently. https://farese.com/

14. bookslover

bookslover Puritan Board Professor

I notice they have a men's prayer meeting that meets at 4:15 on Saturday mornings, followed by a men's Bible study that starts at 5:00 AM.

Seems to me your average sane person is fast asleep at 5:00 o'clock in the morning. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.