Churches that abandon or dispense with their confession are in a process of dissolution (Vos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
"Churches that abandon or dispense with their confession are in a process of dissolution." Geehardus Vos, Reformed Dogmatics, Ecclesiology. Part 1, Ecclesiology: The Doctrine of the Church, 1. Essence, under "16. How far must this mark of the pure ministry of the Word be carried out." Hate citing Kindle versions so that's the best I can do without a print copy.

"Churches that abandon or dispense with their confession are in a process of dissolution." Geehardus Vos, Reformed Dogmatics, Ecclesiology. Part 1, Ecclesiology: The Doctrine of the Church, 1. Essence, under "16. How far must this mark of the pure ministry of the Word be carried out." Hate citing Kindle versions so that's the best I can do without a print copy.
Even worse are so called churches that dispense with the Bible itself.

The citation would be:

Geerhardus Vos, Ecclesiology, ed. Kim Batteau and Allan Janssen, trans. Richard B. Gaffin, vol. 5, Reformed Dogmatics (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016), 26.

(Feel free to edit the OP and then delete this post of mine.)

Even worse are so called churches that dispense with the Bible itself.
Sort of the same thing in this context of the word confession, as Dr. Vos is speaking of confession of the truth, a church teaching sound doctrine, over against churches departing from sound doctrine. In Reformed churches that demarcation is usually clear in their Confessions of faith, but I'm not sure Dr. Vos is alluding to that here, but I have read the prior context.

Sort of the same thing in this context of the word confession, as Dr. Vos is speaking of confession of the truth, a church teaching sound doctrine, over against churches departing from sound doctrine. In Reformed churches that demarcation is usually clear in their Confessions of faith, but I'm not sure Dr. Vos is alluding to that here, but I have read the prior context.
Sad thing is that few seem to know what and why they believe in?

That link appears to be broken.
Indeed. I deleted the post. It’s an interesting article though. It’s called “The Slippery Slope and the Jesus Box” about a PCA pastor who took his congregation out of the PCA and into the RCA over the issue of ordination of women, then eventually moved to affinity for homosexualism and finally recently tweeted that the Atonement was unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back