Clark Gable (1901-1960)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Attention, all you movie fans out there: this coming November 16th will mark the 50th anniversary of the death of Clark Gable - a real movie star (and a pretty good actor, to boot). I hope Turner Classic Movies has its act together for that anniversary!

My mother saw Clark Gable once crossing the bridge to Juarez (she was an El Paso girl; all the best restaurants were there at the time; not so much now).

Attention, all you movie fans out there: this coming November 16th will mark the 50th anniversary of the death of Clark Gable - a real movie star (and a pretty good actor, to boot). I hope Turner Classic Movies has its act together for that anniversary!

With all due respect, what benefit is it for Christians to recognize, let alone honor, the life and death of an ungodly man?

We might at least appreciate the talent that God gave him and celebrate that legacy as well as mourning that he did not put it to a more Godly use. Are you suggesting that we not watch or celebrate classic film?

We might at least appreciate the talent that God gave him and celebrate that legacy as well as mourning that he did not put it to a more Godly use. Are you suggesting that we not watch or celebrate classic film?

Of what worth is "talent?" And by what standards of men, is "talent" defined and recognized, anyway?

Watching classic film is harmless; celebrating film stars is vapid and potentially harmful.

And attributing honor and fame to godless men, is futile . . .if not idolatrous.

God did not "give" Clark Gable "talent."

It was always dubious, even amongst his Hollywood peers, whether he was a credible actor or not.

Clark had no morals, and his only proveable accomplishment in life, was his witnessed ability to consume numerous quarts of Scotch liguor on a daily basis . . . such a person should not be venerated by others at all, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back