Classical Music as stress therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
after a hard day's work a good way to relax and have that tension run down from your shoulders and the back of your neck is music. Classical music.

The only problem is, is what classical music to listen to.

My recommendation is create your own mixed classical cd of slow movements/adagios/andantes. My first classical mix were tapes I created in 1997. In 1997 a 300mhz Comp was considered da bomb

Here are the track selections. If you guys can duplicate this, you will be blessed and destressed.

1. Beethoven's 9th. Slow movement
2. Brahms 1st. Slow movement
3. Tchaikovksy's 4th. Slow movement
4. Mozart's 41st. Slow movement.

1. Dvorak's 9th. Slow movement
2. Rachmaninoff 2nd sym. Slow movement
3. Dvorak's 8th. Slow movement
4. Mozart's 39th. Slow movement.

Second tape

1. Beethoven's 5th Piano concerto. Slow movement
2. Chopin's 1st Piano concerto. Slow movement
3. Chopin's 2nd Piano Concerto. Slow movement
4. Rachmaninoff 2nd piano concerto. Slow movement

1. Brahms 2nd Piano Concerto. Slow movement
2. Brahms 1st Piano concerto. Slow movement
3. Mozart 21st Piano Concerto. Slow movement
4. Rachmaninoff's 3rd piano concerto. Slow movement.

What is interesting about these tapes is that my father appropriated them. Trust me fellas. if you can get all these music back to back you will be refreshed and relaxed over the summer.

[Edited on 6-6-2006 by Slippery]

Very nice, Keon!

I like to listen to Pachelbel's Canon in D, Handel's Water Music, and Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme From Paginini (among other things) sometimes when in the mood for soothing classical music.

pachelbel cannon is probably the greatest piece ever written. my brother has a cd where this music is played against the waves of the ocean. schweeet.

I LOVE Pachelbel's cannon . . .

Random note: when I first read "relaxed and destressed" I thought you'd written "relaxed and dIstressed"!

Other great stress relieving classical music movements are all of Mahler's slow movements from his symphonies i recomend Leonard Bernstein when it comes to Mahler, and alot of his music is very Spiritual i.e. his Resurrection Symphonie (No. 2)

For stress relievers I turn on my pc and open my classical music section and put it on random and that takes care of me. Something like 500 songs to listen too. Then I just lay down on my bed and listen to the music and usually sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back