Coffee Sweetener?

What is the Best Coffee Sweetener?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coram Deo

Puritan Board Junior
OK, Now that we have determined the best Coffee Creamer, Real Lite Cream followed by Half and Half..

Now what would be the best Sweetener for Coffee and Why?

Here are the choices...

Raw Sugar
Refined Sugar
Brown Sugar
Honey
Maple Syrup
Xylitol (Natural Birch Sugar)
Aspartame
Sweet N’ Low
Splenda
Stevia
None, Just Plain Black
Other, Please Explain

I currently use Splenda cause I'm weak :p

But I am trying to man-up and start drinking it black. :)

I use whatever my wife keeps in the the sugar jar, usually she keeps raw sugar around, I like it.:2cents:

Sugar. I voted for "refined" because the reformed church snubs non-refined people. :lol:

(only kidding of course)

I actually like the taste of Splenda. I don't need the extra calories right now with all the cookies and brownies I've been consuming. If I'm not careful, I'll start looking like my son Calvin.

I actually like the taste of Splenda. I don't need the extra calories right now with all the cookies and brownies I've been consuming. If I'm not careful, I'll start looking like my son Calvin.

Sir,

I thought you "Devil Dogs" took your "lifers juice" strong and black like us "Squids"?;)

Sweetener? Not me, no sir! REAL men don't need to sweeten it up. REAL men drink their coffee black...with a little cream.

Sir,

I thought you "Devil Dogs" took your "lifers juice" strong and black like us "Squids"?;)

Us Marines take the Coffee Grinds out of the MRE and dip it just like snuff to stay awake on long humps.

I personally think Raw Sugar is most likely the best for taste....

But I use Xylitol which is a natural sweetener made from the bark of the Birch tree for weight control...

I don't trust Splenda, Aspartame, or Sweet N' Low since they are made from chemicals and some have reported problems with those sweeteners.....

Sir,

Us Marines take the Coffee Grinds out of the MRE and dip it just like snuff to stay awake on long humps.

Back in 89/90 I was with a reserve combat engineer batallion and I do remember them acctually doing that.:lol:

I'd choose 'Just Plain Black', but after I add the half-n-half it's not really black anymore.

Once in a while I'll add a smidgen of Cardamom.

Honey. Honey is the greatest sweetener ever created. If it was good enough for God's people in the promised land, it's good enough for your coffee(and oatmeal, baked carrots, warm milk, cereal, bread, ect...).

Sir,

Back in 89/90 I was with a reserve combat engineer batallion and I do remember them acctually doing that.:lol:

You need to use all that comes in the MRE (we did the same with the Tabasco sauce)...:lol:

Coffee sweetener in our house is called heresy! (My wife uses white sugar) See other blasphemy thread for reason. :p

I use splenda because of my diabetes if I use a sweetner. But most of the time I use cinnamon by itself because it is a natural blood sugar lowering agent. It also sweetens coffee just a bit by itself.

My wife sticks her little finger in it.

Boy, that beats all. Someone's racking up the brownie points.

We use honey. Mostly because Hannah is allergic to sugar, but you get used to it (and because white sugar is poison.)

A doctor I knew would always (in front of his wife) say that he liked his coffee like he liked his women (and then, after the big pause where everyone was sure they knew what he was going to say), he would proclaim: "Bitter".

Always wondered how he didn't end up on the couch night after night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back