Collected works of Tomas Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I know there are a number of books by Thomas watson published by various different publishers but does anyone know of any collected volumes of his works?

Watson is one of my favourite puritans and I have been looking for some years now for his collected works. To the best of my knowledge, these were never published as a collected set - more's the pity!

How or why he was overlooked by A B Grosart, James Nichol, James Sherman et al. I will never understand. At least Spurgeon saw the worth of his writings and kept three of his works in print viz. The Body of Divinity, The 10 commandments and The Lord's Prayer!

Of course Banner of Truth and Soli Deo Gloria printed many other of his works, but I am not sure that even with these reprints that all that Watson wrote has been printed.

The list on Monergism is not complete. When I was with Soli Deo Gloria we published many Watson titles that had not been in print since the 1600's. There is another title called "The Two Witnesses Anatomized" from Revelation that has not been reprinted to my knowledge. Having said that, it is a VERY tough read, and doesn't seem like anything else by Watson. But it is listed by Wing as being one of this Thomas Watson's.

One further thought.. Google books have a great many books listed for scanning, and even if they are not scanned the books are on the "all books" listing. In the absence of bibliographical works, even though not exhaustive, this would serve as a pretty good guide to what was published by a given author.

In the case of Thomas Watson, apparently there were other Thomas Watsons, but if there is a date given for the publication, this may enable one to narrow down which Watson wrote the work.

Please note, if using Google Books, that only "full view" works have been scanned and most of these are available for download as pdf files, but one would need to check for the download option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back