College Football 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am headed to 17 and 9 as (shockingly to me) USC is KILLING Michigan. It's actually kind of sad and I am not a Michigan fan, just a Big Ten fan. Apparently Michigan has been very, very over rated. :(

Well... don't diss them so fast...

1) they DID play very well against OSU
2) they had a VERY good season and beat some good opponents (ND, Wisc, PSU) - OSU, for heaven's sake, was their ONLY loss!
3) USC had more to prove
4) for all practical purposes, it was a home game for the Trojans

and

5) USC is pretty good, too.

:)

15 & 10 ! Lost last 4 now:

NEB
GT
ARK
MICH

Mother in Law dropped one ! 21 & 5

She had Michigan

Fiesta Bowl was, maybe, the most incredible ending to a football game I've ever seen. Boise freaking State. Perfect Season. No props from anyone. OK, OU is not top notch this year, but they are a Major Program. And BSU went down there and outplayed them. They beat them the whole game until the last quarter when OU finally found PRND and caught up to them. And it looked like they had beat them too, with hardly any time left. I was sick with disappointment. I don't really care about either team, but least of all OU--I was rooting for BSU.

When Z--whasizname threw that pick with one minute left I almost turned the game off. It was midnight already! Then they tied it back again with 7 seconds. On a lateral--oh, you should have seen it. OU scored first in OT--one play, 25 yards, BAM! Can BSU tie it back? Then BSU scored on a 4th and 2 last chance. Then they went for 2pt conversion. Ace fake. Unbelievable. Champs.

16 & 10 ! Boise St. Yes

....must see how Mother in Law Picked. Regardless, there's NO catching her now...

Fiesta Bowl was, maybe, the most incredible ending to a football game I've ever seen. Boise freaking State. Perfect Season. No props from anyone. OK, OU is not top notch this year, but they are a Major Program. And BSU went down there and outplayed them. They beat them the whole game until the last quarter when OU finally found PRND and caught up to them. And it looked like they had beat them too, with hardly any time left. I was sick with disappointment. I don't really care about either team, but least of all OU--I was rooting for BSU.

When Z--whasizname threw that pick with one minute left I almost turned the game off. It was midnight already! Then they tied it back again with 7 seconds. On a lateral--oh, you should have seen it. OU scored first in OT--one play, 25 yards, BAM! Can BSU tie it back? Then BSU scored on a 4th and 2 last chance. Then they went for 2pt conversion. Ace fake. Unbelievable. Champs.

Bruce, here is a thread made JUST for that game.

http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?t=18169

Well, I am now certain that Louisville has beaten Wake Forrest (Louisville just intercepted with 2:53 left in the game and they are winning 24-13) so as it stands now I am 18 and 10 in my predictions with four games to go.

Mother-in-Law 23-6 !

I picked LSU but Also Picked Wake Forrest.

I think I am 16 & 13

19-10 as The Fighting Irish get STOMPED again by a top ranked team.:up:

Yes, Adam! This makes ZERO N-D bowl wins for a decade. Of course, when you automatically get a bowl even with a 6-6 record (only if you're N-D!) you can expect to get repeatedly embarrased. They deserve their stompings.

Why izzit that Our Lady of Perpetual Respect (Unearned) gets extra trips to the College Football Post-season?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HOLD ON! Wait... I'm getting a VISION!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, never mind, it's just that scene from Princess Bride with the old crone and the "Queen of Putrescence" swimming up into my consciousness.

What's the difference between Texas A&M and Corn Flakes? Corn Flakes belong in a bowl.:D

Sorry Wayne, I thought that was funny though!

Coach Fran is on borrowed time. He gets one more year. We have a lot of guys coming back next year and we ought to have that new defensive scheme down by then so they won't have to play 15 to 20 yards off the opponents receivers! :banghead: :mad:

Sickening.

Ohio State didn't even show up :( Penn State and Wisconsin were the only Big Ten teams to really step up and represent the conference this year. Yes, I am sure the 51 day lay off Ohio State had to endure hurt them badly, but there is no excuse for this kind of showing. I guess Ohio State was very over rated, just like Michigan.

NEW NATIONAL CHAMPS:

boise_state_logo.jpg

:)

They showed up...they scored twice and went home.

I think when oh boy went out w/ his leg hurt they all left with him...it's like they got the idea in their head the game was over because he was out..and the rest of them couldn't do anything without him...they were lost puppies..

The Gators on the other hand...didn't build their team around one person, this year, which was good for them...as THEY WON!!!!!

But watch tomorrow for the Governor of Ohio to put up a Florida Flag over the Governors Mansion!!

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Florida Spanked them real good...proving the SEC is still the better conference.:up: :lol: :rofl: :banana:

Well Mom-In-Law finished up @ 24 & 8 ! That's 75 % folks.
I finished 4th on the family Board at 19 & 13, with the wife tying for 3rd at 20 & 12 !

I have been effectively neutered by my female kinfolk !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back