College Football: For Whom Doest Thou Thy Cheering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
College football season starts this evening. Who do you cheer for? If you have different teams you cheer for, list them in order of your favorite.

Mine are the following:

1) Illinois (since I am from IL) but they won't win...so I'm okay with that
2) The rest of the Big 10 (not including Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State), I really like Wisconsin/Northwestern/Nebraska.
3) Notre Dame (I've liked them since I was a kid since I was raised Roman Catholic)
4) Oklahoma/Texas Tech/Iowa State (I went to Iowa State for a short time...)
5) At the bottom of my list, the teams I will always cheer against: any team from Florida, LSU, USC Trojans, and Alabama.

I suppose my cheering goes beyond one team because my fav. team will usually be bad. :)

My Alma Mater, the Georgia Southern University Eagles (6 1-AA National Championships!)

gsupic.jpg

My home state team (the team I cheered for growing up): Go Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof! Woof! Woof!

p-40284-university-of-georgia-bull-dogs-college-football-dynasty-banner-ws-76010.jpg

Last edited:
My college football teams do not mirror my college basketball teams. Very odd.

I like:

1.) Oklahoma (Long story)
2.) Alabama (Longer story)
3.) Appalachian State (For I-AA ball)

The rhyme and reason for those picks makes no sense to anyone but myself, but that's how I roll in college football.

My father's side of the family is from Michigan, so I've been raised to cheer for the Maize and Blue.

MGOBLUE.jpg

But my alma mater is the Mississippi State Bulldogs. Getting excited for the game tonight! :cheers::cheers::cheers: (ringin those bells)

cowbell.jpg

Favorite Teams

1. Auburn (Alumni, class of 2002)
  2. Nebraska (always liked the way they run their program)

Teams I wish would lose every game
  1. Alabama (see #1 above, no further explanation needed)
  2. Notre Dame (always get special treatment)

My Alma Mater, the Georgia Southern University Eagles (6 1-AA National Championships!)

gsupic.jpg

My home state team (the team I cheered for growing up): Go Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof! Woof! Woof!

p-40284-university-of-georgia-bull-dogs-college-football-dynasty-banner-ws-76010.jpg
Yep, with the addition of App State if they're not playing GSU. Phooey--the GSU image didn't copy over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorites:

1. FLORIDA GATORS (A good friend of mine when I was in the Army years ago was from FL and he turned me on to them)

2. CALIFORNIA (Home Team)

3. Any team playing against alabama, byu, usc, notre dame, texas

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Favorite Teams

1. Auburn (Alumni, class of 2002)
  2. Nebraska (always liked the way they run their program)

Teams I wish would lose every game
  1. Alabama (see #1 above, no further explanation needed)
  2. Notre Dame (always get special treatment)

WAR EAGLE! My wife's favorite team (no, she didnt go there). Long story, but about 7 years ago she became a big fan and has been following them ever since.. Works for me since I HATE Bama soooo much

Last edited:
I was raised a fan of and now attend Penn State. I can't stand Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska. Inside the Big Ten I have a soft spot for Northwestern and Wisconsin. Outside the Big Ten I cannot stand USC and Miami.

South Carolina and whoever is playing Clemson. I'm also one of those SEC fans that generally pulls for SEC teams with the exception of Tennessee.

The Pittsburgh Panthers- raised as a Pitt fan and still cannot get enough. Hoping Todd Graham and staff lead us back to relevance soon.

I also like the Florida Gators. My sister went there to swim and I have been a fan ever since. Should be an exciting season with a whole new coaching staff in Gainesville.

If Pitt and Florida ever played in football I would definitely be cheering for the Panthers.

Teams I wish would lose every single game: West Virginia, Penn State, Florida State

The Pittsburgh Panthers- raised as a Pitt fan and still cannot get enough. Hoping Todd Graham and staff lead us back to relevance soon.

I also like the Florida Gators. My sister went there to swim and I have been a fan ever since. Should be an exciting season with a whole new coaching staff in Gainesville.

If Pitt and Florida ever played in football I would definitely be cheering for the Panthers.

Teams I wish would lose every single game: West Virginia, Penn State, Florida State

Let's Go Pitt!

Favorites:

2. CALIFORNIA

3. Any team playing against alabama, texas

:ditto:

UW because I'm originally from Washington. Cal because I'm currently attending. And the last bit from above because I really dislike those two states in general (although I've met some really great folks from both).

***MODERATOR WARNING***

There will no cheering for the Florida Gators in any shape, form, or fashion on the Puritan Board. None whatsoever.

That is all. Please continue your regular activities. You have been warned. :judge:

***MODERATOR WARNING***

There will no cheering for the Florida Gators in any shape, form, or fashion on the Puritan Board. None whatsoever.

That is all. Please continue your regular activities. You have been warned. :judge:

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Florida Gator fan for life :) Grew up in Gainesville, watched them play live, and just don't care about any other team.

***MODERATOR WARNING***

I love this!!!

I know I'm odd in rooting for two SEC teams that are normally seen as rivals, but I like both South Carolina (since I'm headed to that area) and Tennessee (where I was born). I root for Navy in the Army-Navy game, Michigan in THE college game, and TCU.

Shouldn't this thread title read, "Whom do you cheer for?" Where is Josh when I need him...

***MODERATOR WARNING***

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Florida Gator fan for life :) Grew up in Gainesville, watched them play live, and just don't care about any other team.

OK, you're off the Board. We can't tolerate this kind of heresy in these parts. :judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back