College Football Games, Oct 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd blame it on Willie Martinez (and he is to blame), but when your offense can't even score a single touchdown (the two TDs UGA scored were a kick off return and an interception return), then there's plenty of blame to go around...

I was afraid this would be a "down" season. If anyone in Athens is calling for Richt's firing, then they aren't thinking straight. The team is loaded with freshmen. The offensive line is injured again this year. They have a very tough schedule. They should be 4-2 at this point (don't get me started on the end of the LSU game). But at this point a 7-5 finish would be about the best to be hoped for, and 8-4 would be a near miracle...

Please please please -- bring back Brian Vangorder!!!

I'd blame it on Willie Martinez (and he is to blame), but when your offense can't even score a single touchdown (the two TDs UGA scored were a kick off return and an interception return), then there's plenty of blame to go around...

I was afraid this would be a "down" season. If anyone in Athens is calling for Richt's firing, then they aren't thinking straight. The team is loaded with freshmen. The offensive line is injured again this year. They have a very tough schedule. They should be 4-2 at this point (don't get me started on the end of the LSU game). But at this point a 7-5 finish would be about the best to be hoped for, and 8-4 would be a near miracle...

Georgia doesn't have a pass defense or a run offense this year.

Georgia doesn't have a pass defense or a run offense this year.

Or a winning record. :cool:

OK, you guys are officially banned from the pick 'em until further notice.
You must not have attended any games during the 1977 season. They did manage to pull out a big win against the Spiders that year, then ended the 5-6 season with losses to Florida, Auburn and Tech. So my expectations for the Dawgs may not be as high as some folks.

You must not have attended any games during the 1977 season. They did manage to pull out a big win against the Spiders that year, then ended the 5-6 season with losses to Florida, Auburn and Tech. So my expectations for the Dawgs may not be as high as some folks.

Nope, I was a year old that fall! :D

OK, you guys are officially banned from the pick 'em until further notice.

Hmmm ... no, didn't attend any (I was 10). If memory serves, this was the only year that Vince Dooley recorded a losing record. The year before they won the SEC title (only one loss) before getting trounced by National Champion Pitt in the Sugar Bowl. But it was just a few years later (1980) that they went undefeated, beating the Fighting Irish in the Sugar Bowl and winning the National Title. I'll gladly suffer one mediocre rebuilding season if history repeats itself like that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back