College Football Games, Oct 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
It'll be Halloween this Sat, and there may be some "scary" games out there. Boo! Pick the winner of each game; in case of a tie, we go to the tie-breaker. Deadline for picks is Thursday at 7 pm (ET).

1) North Carolina at Va Tech
2) Mississippi at Auburn
3) South Carolina (USC) at Tennessee
4) Southern California (the other USC) at Oregon
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Florida (the most important game of the year :) )

2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia 21 v. Florida 14 (the most important game of the year )

2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

27 - Florida

17 - Georgia

Perhaps this is a bad time to bring this up, but anyone who picks Florida over Georgia is automatically eliminated from participating in future picks.

J/K!

North Carolina at Va Tech
2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia 23 v. Florida 14

1) Va Tech
2) Auburn
3) Tennessee
4) Oregon
5) Oklahoma St

Georgia 20 - Florida 24

2) Mississippi at Auburn
4) Southern California (THE USC) at Oregon
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Georgia v. Florida 13-52

Why no Big 10 game again? Should you have a game from every major conference on this thing?

2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia 20 Florida 34

PLEASE NOTE: THIS WAS MY 2,500th POST!!!!

It'll be Halloween this Sat, and there may be some "scary" games out there. Boo! Pick the winner of each game; in case of a tie, we go to the tie-breaker. Deadline for picks is Thursday at 7 pm (ET).

2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Florida (the most important game of the year :) )

1. Virginia Tech
2. Auburn
3. South Carolina
4. USC
5. Texas

Florida 31, Georgia 10

1) North Carolina at Virginia Tech
2) Mississippi at Auburn
5) Texas at Oklahoma St

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia - 10 v. Florida - 32 (the most important game of the year )

Ooops! haha...if we're to be eliminated in future threads if we pick Florida it must be Georgia - 2 v. Florida - 0 chortle chortle......

1) Va Tech
2) Auburn
3) South Carolina
4) Southern California
5) Texas

Florida 32 Ga 15

I thought maybe I'd missed the thread this week, given the huge game last night - WSM was reporting that there were over 5000 fans for the Memphis - ECU game.

-----Added 10/28/2009 at 07:41:37 EST-----

Perhaps this is a bad time to bring this up, but anyone who picks Florida over Georgia is automatically eliminated from participating in future picks.

J/K!

I'll gladly cheer for Georgia, but if they can get to the end of the season without 3 more losses, I'll be surprised. No running game and no pass defense will do that to a team.

Va Tech
Auburn
Tennessee
Southern California-Oregon hasn't played anyone of significance yet besides Boise, who they got embarrassed by. They are playing good football, but I refuse to believe that they are as good as their ranking (could be my Oregon State bias...)
Texas

Florida-34, Georgia-13 (Florida gets its offense rolling again).

Well, so far everyone's 0 for 1...and I'm here weeping in ashes and sackcloth over the Hokie's loss to UNC. A bird told me that UNC is getting better at football. Maybe we can avenge the loss in the basketball season this year.........on a Thursday night at home too!

:(

I'll gladly cheer for Georgia, but if they can get to the end of the season without 3 more losses, I'll be surprised. No running game and no pass defense will do that to a team.

That, along with a stubborn refusal to adapt a game plan and play to their strengths. "We can't run the ball, but we're going to keep trying, even when the passing game is clicking." "We aren't generating any pass rush but we'll still keep blitzing so that our DBs are exposed by the diluted coverage." :rolleyes:

I'm holding out hope for only 2 more loses (and maybe only 1 -- I can dream). I hope they beat Florida, but I will be surprised if they do. Then they have the cream puff game against Tenn Tech (that's how tough the schedule has been; most teams have had two or three cream puff games scheduled early, when Georgia was playing teams like Oklahoma St). Next comes Kentucky (should be a win) and Auburn. Hopefully they'll beat Auburn (that'll be four years in a row if they do!). Finally comes the Georgia Tech game. Tech is good; Georgia is generally good against the run. They completely shut down the triple-option in the first half of last year's game, but apparently forgot to come out for the second half.

Why no Big 10 game again? Should you have a game from every major conference on this thing?

I didn't see this complaint until late Saturday. The reason I didn't pick a Big 10 (Little 11) game was because there were no significant games in that conference this weekend. Ohio State was playing (yet another) patsy. Penn St was playing Northwestern. Iowa was playing Indiana (which should have been a cake walk). The Michigan/Illinois game was between unranked teams. You get the picture.

I only have five games. Someone's bound to be left out. There have been weeks where I have not had an ACC game, for instance. Things like that will happen. I try to pick the best possible matchups, preferably with ranked teams.

OK, if everything stays as is (barring bigtime comebacks by both USC's for instance), we seem to have a clearcut winner for this week. For all his complaining ( ;) ) about the games he had to pick from, Andrew (Romans922) went 4-1 (and even his tie-breaker prediction wasn't that far off)! Congratulations, and here's your prize:

:judge:

Wow, Oregon is one tough place to play! I'd say the toughest out west. That's strong praise coming from an SEC boy.

Looks like I trashed most of my picks this week, but man did I see Southern Cal walking into an ambush or what?!

Go Ducks! :)

-----Added 10/31/2009 at 10:08:31 EST-----

p.s. Congrats Andrew!

Just think how things are shaping up for the 10 BCS teams this year: no Oklahoma, no USC (probably), Iowa as the Big 10 representative, either TCU or Boise State making the BCS, but the other team getting left out. It will nice to see fresh blood, but we are still probably headed to a Texas v. Florida/Alabama championship game.

What a Saturday of football! I wish I had been in on this thread, but I was away all week on business and didn't have time to log in. Maybe next week.

Just think how things are shaping up for the 10 BCS teams this year: no Oklahoma, no USC (probably), Iowa as the Big 10 representative, either TCU or Boise State making the BCS, but the other team getting left out. It will nice to see fresh blood, but we are still probably headed to a Texas v. Florida/Alabama championship game.
I frankly can't believe Iowa hasn't been brought back down to Earth yet. Someone's gonna have them for lunch in a bowl game. Then again, the Big 10 is nothing special these days. :2cents:

I frankly can't believe Iowa hasn't been brought back down to Earth yet. Someone's gonna have them for lunch in a bowl game. Then again, the Big 10 is nothing special these days. :2cents:

Watch your mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back