College Football Games, Sept. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt better be ranked after this week. We have dominated everyone we have played.

Seriously?

Youngstown State?
Buffalo? (and I am a grad)
Navy?

Seriously?

Pitt has done far more to deserve to be ranked than teams like North Carolina, Kansas, or Nebraska.

-----Added 9/21/2009 at 10:48:21 EST-----

Seriously?

Youngstown State?
Buffalo? (and I am a grad)
Navy?

Seriously?

I don't like Pitt at all, but Buffalo is better than they've ever been, and Navy gave Ohio State a very hard time.

I'm not saying Pitt is not a decent team. I'm just saying you don't get to be ranked by defeating unranked (and in the case of Navy and Youngstown State, teams that have not been ranked in decades) teams.

Navy was ranked in 2004 and has gone to 6 straight bowl games, not to mention they went to the wire this year against Ohio State. Youngstown State has multiple Div. I-AA championships in the last 15 years.

You got me on Navy. :doh: I must have been thinking about Army, and obviously didn't check. Monday morning! :coffee:

Sorry, Ben! :surrender:

Most of that success by Navy has been under the coaching and recruitment of Paul Johnson, currently at Georgia Tech (and formerly the coach of Georgia Southern, my alma mater ;) ).

OK, we have our first tie of the season (sort of). Tripel goes 5-0 and Edward goes 4-0 with their picks.

Tripel does slightly better in the tie-breaker (picking UGA with a 6 point spread as opposed to Edward's 3 point spread) to win for the second week in a row.

Now you have two powdered wigs: :judge: :judge:

OK, looks like we need to get the Rev. Greco to fine tune the rules of the contest. Is the tiebreaker the score, or the spread? (Makes no difference this week - 5-0 beats 4-0 and Tripel gets it without the tiebreaker)

I should have realized that Texas Tech was playing UT on national pirate talk day.

That would have tipped me off that Coach Leach would be saying

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back