College Football Games, Sept. 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
OK, no Thursday night game to select his week (since I don't want a repeat of the Thursday debacles of before). This time you have two days (!) to make your selections. I'll cut them off at 10 am on Saturday morning.

This week's games:

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
3) Miami (FL) v. Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Arizona State

1) Penn State
2) California
3) Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech
5) Alabama

Georgia 34 - Arizona State 24

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Georgia 35 Arizona St. 31

:popcorn:
1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Georgia 33 v. Arizona State 27

1) Penn State
2) California
3) Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech
5) Alabama

Georgia-35; ASU-10

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Georgia v. Arizona State - 38-31

Marshall at Memphis - 31-17

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia 37 v. Arizona State 27

Penn State
California
Miami (FL)
Texas Tech
Alabama

Georgia 27 ASU 17

Why is Georgia the tie-breaker every week? This has to stop.

P

Why is Georgia the tie-breaker every week? This has to stop.

My thread, my rules, my decision to let the Georgia game always be the tie-breaker. :judge: :D

But don't worry; the week Georgia has a bye, I will pick a different game. ;) Maybe I'll be nice to Benjamin and let the Pitt game be the tie-breaker.

OK, no Thursday night game to select his week (since I don't want a repeat of the Thursday debacles of before). This time you have two days (!) to make your selections. I'll cut them off at 10 am on Saturday morning.

This week's games:

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Arizona State

1) Penn State
2) Cal
3) Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech
5) Alabama

Georgia 24 Arizona 28

Last edited:
1. Penn State
2. California
3. Virginia Tech
4. Houston
5. Alabama

Georgia 28, Arizona 17

No one's picking ASU. I might have to change my tie-breaker. Is that allowed?

Sure. Just go back and edited the original post.

That goes for everyone. If you change your mind on a pick, as long as you change it before the deadline (Sat at 10 am in this case), that's fine. Just make sure you do it in the OP, not as a later addition.

1. Penn State
2. California
3. Miami
4. Texas Tech
5. Arkansas - upset special!

Tie-breaker: Georgia 45 Arizona State 27

Me. Just because I thought Ole Miss was extremely overrated and I like to see the SEC hurt itself.

Well, I agree with the first point, but the SEC is playing the SEC, so it was going to hurt itself no matter what.

Don't look now, though; Ole Miss just scored and are only down by 6 with plenty of time in the 4th.

Personally, I like to see Spurrier hurt himself (losing-wise). ;)

OK, something's wrong with the air around Columbia. The announcers, after saying that SC was only one play away from beating Georgia and now had beaten Ole Miss, asked good the team was. "Oh, top 15" was the answer. Then one of the announcers reminded them they had only beaten NC state 7-3. "But they won."

So, my prediction. With the dumb polls the way they are, we'll have a repeat of Washington this week. It wouldn't surprise me to see SC ranked ahead of Georgia after this week (assuming Georgia beats ASU). Apparently you only need to upset an overrated and unproven top 10 team in order to make it into the Top 25.

1) Penn State
2) California
3) Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech
5) Alabama

Georgia 44 - Arizona State 28

OK, something's wrong with the air around Columbia. The announcers, after saying that SC was only one play away from beating Georgia and now had beaten Ole Miss, asked good the team was. "Oh, top 15" was the answer. Then one of the announcers reminded them they had only beaten NC state 7-3. "But they won."

So, my prediction. With the dumb polls the way they are, we'll have a repeat of Washington this week. It wouldn't surprise me to see SC ranked ahead of Georgia after this week (assuming Georgia beats ASU). Apparently you only need to upset an overrated and unproven top 10 team in order to make it into the Top 25.

Ole Miss will drop to 15-20 range and SC will be 15-20 range.

Now be honest -- how many of you would have picked SC to beat Ole Miss?

I did - almost a no-brainer. Ole Miss is one of the most overrated teams in years. Plus, Vegas had Ole Miss at -3.5 - that's almost a sure bet for SC. Ole Miss will be lucky to finish at 0.500 this year.

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia - 52 v. Arizona State - 7

1) Nittany Lions
2) Golden Bears
3) Canes
4) Red Raiders
5) Razorbacks

Tie-breaker: Bulldogs 38 v. Sun Devils 14

I did - almost a no-brainer. Ole Miss is one of the most overrated teams in years. Plus, Vegas had Ole Miss at -3.5 - that's almost a sure bet for SC. Ole Miss will be lucky to finish at 0.500 this year.

Now that's doubtful. They have a remarkably easy schedule. The only "proven" teams they have to play are Alabama and LSU. But LSU has not been tested and may also be overrated. So, it should be fairly easy for Ole Miss to emerge with a 9-3 record and still be overrated.

Now that's doubtful. They have a remarkably easy schedule. The only "proven" teams they have to play are Alabama and LSU. But LSU has not been tested and may also be overrated. So, it should be fairly easy for Ole Miss to emerge with a 9-3 record and still be overrated.

Alabama and LSU are almost certain losses. I would pick Tennessee, Arkansas, and definitely Auburn to beat them as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back