College Football Games, Sept. 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn State was so painful to watch this week.

Tell me about it!

-The offensive line was horrible

-Daryl Clark is very bad under pressure

-The defense played well but clearly missed Shawn Lee

-The coaching staff went back to conservative play calling instead of the dynamic stuff like the first play they had from scrimmage. They tried to eek out a victory.

I was bummed all weekend because of this but happy I passed on the tickets I had a chance to get for this game. PSU can still climb back up and even compete for the Big Ten title but they have a lot of improving to do if that is going to happen.

I was sick after that loss, especially considering how they started the game. Both lines need work, but I really place a lot of the blame on Clark. He made some really bad throws (eg, the last pick) even when not under pressure. Also credit Iowa - they are a solid football team. My hope is that we run the table and OSU beats Iowa in the Shoe. That puts PSU in a 3-way tie for the Big 10 title, Iowa will go to the Rose Bowl, and PSU will go to the Sugar against...someone.

Heartbreaker for my Bulldogs against LSU on Saturday. Still recovering.

If you can't advance the ball 3 inches on 3rd and 4th down, you don't deserve to win.

Heartbreaker for my Bulldogs against LSU on Saturday. Still recovering.

If you can't advance the ball 3 inches on 3rd and 4th down, you don't deserve to win.

I feel your pain. My Cal team didn't even make it off the bus. Embarrassing.

Yay!!!! Thank you everyone for playing. Just as a note...to all who picked Miami...it tends to be foolish picking Miami over Virginia Tech when Virginia Tech is the underdog.

So, that means I'm one for one...we'll see if I do better next week. :judge:

We actually had two folks go 4-1 in their picks this week: Unashamed116 and Hokie Airman. It comes down to the tie-breaker again, but Unashamed forgot to post one! Therefore, since Hokie correctly (and wisely!) picked Georgia to win, he gets the powdered wig for this week. Congrats, Hokie!

:judge:

My satisfaction is being the only on who saw Iowa over Penn.... and that is good enough for me

We actually had two folks go 4-1 in their picks this week: Unashamed116 and Hokie Airman. It comes down to the tie-breaker again, but Unashamed forgot to post one! Therefore, since Hokie correctly (and wisely!) picked Georgia to win, he gets the powdered wig for this week. Congrats, Hokie!

:judge:

My satisfaction is being the only on who saw Iowa over Penn.... and that is good enough for me

'Twas a good pick, and I'm surprised more didn't pick Iowa. They've pretty much owned Penn State the last few seasons.

I predict most folks will pick LSU to beat my Dawgs this weekend (and they very well may, as Georgia is obviously down this year). But if history is a guide, Georgia has pretty much annihilated LSU the past 3 or 4 times the teams have played one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back