College Football Games, Sept. 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may lose one of those last 3 games, but not all three. They have a pretty solid defense. But Snead looked pretty bad yesterday. All three of those latter teams are in rebuild mode and should not be too much trouble. But anything can happen in college football. I believe they go to Vandy this week, and they could be in for a letdown after the loss and struggle there.

I'm not convinced that LSU is all that good. Did the voters forget how bad they looked last season? I guess we'll find out next week when they play my Dawgs...

They may lose one of those last 3 games, but not all three. They have a pretty solid defense. But Snead looked pretty bad yesterday. All three of those latter teams are in rebuild mode and should not be too much trouble. But anything can happen in college football. I believe they go to Vandy this week, and they could be in for a letdown after the loss and struggle there.

I'm not convinced that LSU is all that good. Did the voters forget how bad they looked last season? I guess we'll find out next week when they play my Dawgs...

Or we could find out THIS weekend when they play my Dawgs.

I agree with Mason. I see Ole Miss finishing 6-6 or 7-5

My official statement is I see Ole Miss finishing 8-4.

Call me sentimental -- I used to pastor a church that was only an hour from Oxford. Everyone in the congregation was an Ole Miss fan.

OK, no Thursday night game to select his week (since I don't want a repeat of the Thursday debacles of before). This time you have two days (!) to make your selections. I'll cut them off at 10 am on Saturday morning.

This week's games:

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
3) Miami (FL) v. Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Arizona State

1. Penn State 34 Iowa 13
2. Oregon 28 Cal 24
3. Miami 24 Va Tech 10
4. Houston 54 Texas Tech 48
5. Alabama 41 Arkansas 14

Arizona State 28 Georgia 21

Penn St. over Iowa
Oregon over Cal
Miami over Va Tech (go 'Canes)
Texas Tech over Houston
'Bama over Arkansas
Georgia over Az. State

-----Added 9/25/2009 at 06:35:17 EST-----

Ooops. Sorry

Georgia (34) over Az. State (13)

1) Penn State v. Iowa
2) California v. Oregon
3) Miami (FL) v. Virginia Tech
4) Texas Tech v. Houston
5) Arkansas v. Alabama

Tie-breaker (winner and score): Georgia v. Arizona State

1. Iowa: my upset of the week :smug:
2. Cal: though it's tough to pick anyone to go to Oregon and win :um:
3. Miami: they're for real! ;)
4. Texas Tech: this is a lock :judge:
5. Bama: I just love to watch Bobby Petrino lose! :rolleyes:

...and GEORGIA 38-28 :banana:

The only game that matters this week:

ARKANSAS!!

Arkansas_Razorbacks_logo.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG! SOOIE!!

RAZORBACKS!!

I'm sure some of you have no idea how annoying it is to live among Bammers. :rolleyes: I would dearly love to see them shut up this weekend. Especially since the Hogs are underdogs: it would be even sweeter. :)

Hit that line! Hit that line! Keep on going,
Move that ball right down the field!
Give a cheer. Rah! Rah! Never fear. Rah! Rah!
Arkansas will never yield!
On your toes, Razorbacks, to the finish,
Carry on with all your might!
For it's A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S for Arkansas!
Fight! Fight! Fi-i-i-ght!

I would love it if Arkansas beat 'Bama. That would mean that Georgia beat not one but two teams that in turn beat top 5 teams. That should help the ol' "strength of schedule" arguments and make those wins look more respectable.

Thanks to everyone for participating. All picks and changes are now cut off, and we'll see how everyone does this week.

Doug (Calvibaptist), invited me to go to the Maryland-Rutgers game this afternoon. Unfortunately I am getting sick and will have to pass on the game. I don't want to miss worship or the start of our small group ministry tomorrow.

Well, I've pretty much stunk it up so far. But hey, as long as the Dawgies take care of business...it's alright! :)

I'm 2-1 so far. Miami looked terrible against Va Tech and gave me a loss. Oklahoma is going to level them next week if they play like that.

Penn State was so painful to watch this week.

(Though I admit I spent more time watching Tiger win the FedEx cup since Oklahoma didn't play.)

Penn State was so painful to watch this week.

Tell me about it!

-The offensive line was horrible

-Daryl Clark is very bad under pressure

-The defense played well but clearly missed Shawn Lee

-The coaching staff went back to conservative play calling instead of the dynamic stuff like the first play they had from scrimmage. They tried to eek out a victory.

I was bummed all weekend because of this but happy I passed on the tickets I had a chance to get for this game. PSU can still climb back up and even compete for the Big Ten title but they have a lot of improving to do if that is going to happen.

We actually had two folks go 4-1 in their picks this week: Unashamed116 and Hokie Airman. It comes down to the tie-breaker again, but Unashamed forgot to post one! Therefore, since Hokie correctly (and wisely!) picked Georgia to win, he gets the powdered wig for this week. Congrats, Hokie!

:judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back