College Football Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
For only $60/ticket I'll be in the middle of this section for opening day at Beaver Stadium! (Penn State)

PSUSeatsME.jpg

I am very psyched and can't wait, but even more than that...

I GOT NOTRE DAME TICKETS!!!! :up:

PSUSeatsND.jpg

This is a "white out" where all PSU fans dress in white. It's going to be a blast. Anyone else a BIG college football fan?

I am excited for the college football season to start. I will be getting student tickets to Oregon State games, so where I will be sitting will be different each week depending on how early I decide to get tickets.

Doug-The purple section? That's nice! I have a student (graduated this past June) attending Maryland U this fall and I will (Lord willing) be down to visit her a time or two. Maybe I'll make one of the games one day...

Since the Vols, typcially, are on Nat'l television, I tend to watch them. I am purchasing my cousins season tickets in 2 years so I'll make the 3 hr journey to Neyland (pronounced NAY-LAND, BTW).

The last college football game I went to was VT against Clemson on a Thursday night ESPN game. I don't usually go into a large crowd at sporting events but I got a free ticket. My head hurt for two days. It took forever to get out of the traffic. I'll watch them at home from now on.

Doug-The purple section? That's nice! I have a student (graduated this past June) attending Maryland U this fall and I will (Lord willing) be down to visit her a time or two. Maybe I'll make one of the games one day...

Actually, just a few rows up from the purple section, but since it was black, you probably wouldn't have been able to see the black arrow.

We tailgate before the games, so if you come, PM me and maybe we can get together.

:sing: Cheer! Cheer! For Ol' Notre Dame! :sing:

Can I sing that on the Puritan Board? God may not care about college football, but his mother sure does! :wow:

Why even bother playing all of these other games?

USC is soooooooooooo going to dominate. They are loaded.

Notre Dame? Please...

PSU 59 FI-0

Bring on Notre Dame next week! Here are a few of my pics from the day today at Beaver Stadium, more next week from the White Out.

My dad and me

n525655012_1125324_1410.jpg

n525655012_1125326_2105.jpg

n525655012_1125327_2454.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38PbECO6d0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38PbECO6d0[/ame]
Geaux Tigers!

Awesome time at Happy Valley again tonight. The atmosphere was amazing with the "White House" being louder than I've ever heard and causing Notre Dame at least 7 penalties (false starts and delay of games). Notre Dame is going to be good, their young QB was getting killed all night (ND finished with ZERO yards) but he kept his composure in front of a crowd of 110,000!

Me and my friend Mike (fellow House Parent) went to the game-some pics.

n525655012_1175225_6788.jpg

n525655012_1175226_7218.jpg

n525655012_1175227_7552.jpg

n525655012_1175228_7952.jpg

All I can say is.....

Roll Tide !
Well, they're 2-0 now. This kills me to say, but they're looking better than Auburn right now. I'm not so sure about the Iron Bowl this year at this point. But I won't give up...

WAR EAGLE !!!

That is what it was when I last saw it. Way to Go Penn State. My kid hated it so much he just stopped watching it at half time and went to watch UFC.

How about those LSU Tigers!

They should be ranked #1... at least this week.

I think the ranking for number one through three should be more fluid from week to week, especially through September. But we all know the Pollsters will not remove their beloved USC from the #1 position unless USC actually has a loss. (Don't try to argue that it is not biased in strange ways -- all we need to do is look at the way they slighted undefeated Auburn a couple of years ago).

They'll be vying for the National Chanpionship

:p National Championship:p:p
Who? Meee-chigan?

They lose. Again. BIG
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There shouldn't be any polls or rankings. A simple playoff system, like most every other sport employs, would be a much better way of determining a champion. But I understand that most of the schools, especially the "biger" ones, are against such a system. Must ave to do with money.

And as far as Michigan goes ... HAHA! My father-in-law is UM alumni. I have to cheer against them! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There should be NO POLLS until Mid to late October.

so true. Polls, shmolls.

Man I can't help myself, I got the fall fever...I sure like me some college ball.

I do have one pet peeve when attending the games though. I can hardly stand to hear the commentary in the stands by the "fans". I hear these hateful commentaries on player's abilities and coaches intelligence and I hear these overstuffed accountants and storekeepers or lawyers or whatever talking about the lack of manhood of a certain freshman QB or some poor defensive back who gets beat on a pass pattern and I want to just stand up and ask...how many downs of ball have you ever played Mr. Expert?

other than that...HOOAHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back