College Football Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama sure pulled it out with 6 secs to go. ROLL TIDE!

I must say, since my wife is from Arkansas, I was rooting for the Hogs. But, after staging a great comeback, they blew it in the last 3 1/2 minutes. How do you go up by 10 only to lose? Boy, I hate Prevent Defense. All it does is prevent you from keeping the lead.

Sometimes when a team comes from that far down, there is a bit of a let down and they can't close the deal. It happens in probably all sports.

Wake Forest sure pulled it off this week. From a 21 point deficit to win in overtime.

My poor Notre Dame. :banghead: Nothing but tears from my side. I don't see any comebacks in their future. My kids and I are Notre Dame fans.
joshatentranceofndtunnebt2.jpg

We just keep getting spanked. At least we were in the game still at half time against the Spartans. I at least got to enjoy half of a game. Charlie Wies was suppose to help turn this team around. With a long contract and his second year we are hoping things will get better. They sure can't get much worse. It is so bad I heard they brought Regis Philbin in to encourage the troops. How sad is that? Between the New Age Regis, the touch down Jesus, and a few lucky rabbit's feet Notre Dame is sure to loose its season just because of idolatry.

LOL

I am actually crying inside.

On a brighter side Purdue was leading the highest average scoring results going into last weekend. I am not sure where they are now but they were beating USC. Woo Hoo. The will kill Notre Dame this weekend and then their schedule will start getting into the meat of the Big 10.

Go Purdue

purdue-fb-mg-07-cover.jpg

Penn State is simply psychologically beaten by Michigan. That and the fact that Paterno would NOT run a spread offense against them when every game Michigan lost was to a team using a spread offense. I love JoePa but I really think it's time for him to go. Football has evolved and Joe refuses to evolve with it.

Yeah, he is a dinasour. Aint he the oldest coach? I think I heard that last year after his leg got extended the wrong way. That was gross. He is a tough old bird though.

I must say, since my wife is from Arkansas, I was rooting for the Hogs. But, after staging a great comeback, they blew it in the last 3 1/2 minutes. How do you go up by 10 only to lose? Boy, I hate Prevent Defense. All it does is prevent you from keeping the lead.

Sometimes when a team comes from that far down, there is a bit of a let down and they can't close the deal. It happens in probably all sports.

Wake Forest sure pulled it off this week. From a 21 point deficit to win in overtime.

Y'all need to leave my Fighting Land Turtles alone! It was a tough loss to be up by that much and get totally out-played in the second half. Besides, how could a team called the Demon Deacons win?!?

Thought I'd chime in... We are HUGE college football fans in our house. In fact, it is the only reason we are paying for cable right now.

Being Florida State Alumni, we are getting ready for the game vs. Alabama this weekend. We ended up paying aLOT of money for tickets since the game is in Jacksonville - "a neutral site."

And of course I can't resist saying WAR EAGLE since the Tigers are playing the Gators this weekend!!! :)

So much for those preseason rankings! Down goes OK! Down goes WV! Down goes Penn St! Down goes Texas! Down goes Clemson! Down goes Rutgers! Down goes FL!

Who will be ranked #3 now? Ohio State?

So much for those preseason rankings! Down goes OK! Down goes WV! Down goes Penn St! Down goes Texas! Down goes Clemson! Down goes Rutgers! Down goes FL!

Since the Sooner got beat, I don't know who'll be ranked #3. Until they get beat I'm going to cheer for Cal-Berkeley and South Florida. Go Bears! Go Bulls! Go Underdogs!

OHHH how the mighty have fallen.

...disgusting

We're (PSU) is done until we at least change our QB and possibly our head coach. I am a huge JoePa fan, but his time may be up.

Up goes LSU.

1. LSU
2. Cal
3. Ohio State
4. Boston College

Penn St. v Ohio State

What happens to the rankings if Penn pulls out the upset? It should be a good game. I assume Penn Penn is geeked up because they've got nothing to lose. This game is basically their whole season.

Well, we've only lost two games and will be going to a bowl game. In this game we could vault to inside the top 20 and make a pretty good bowl game if we win. When it comes to Ohio State, PSU is always riled up. I want to see OSU's rookie QB play in a WHITE OUT!!

All I know is that Ohio State had better beat stinkin' Michigan and go on to win the National title or I am going to be furious. I am so annoyed that PSU lost, but at least USC also lost, UConn shocked South Florida, and Steve Spurrier lost!

My kids and I are Notre Dame fans.
Please Randy, say it ain't so! It destroys my image of you!

DTK
It's not about the Idolatry Pastor. Truly.... It is an Indiana thing. We have renounced the Touchdown Jesus. It is idolatrous. But you gotta love Rudy and the Spirit of the Field. We love Purdue, I U, Butler, or Any Indiana Team. Football is heaven here, almost like it is in Texas. Well, not quite that much.

My kids will never go to Notre Dame. But when it comes to Football. :D

To Bad Presbyterians or Reformed Baptist can't have a good Team. We could have the Westminster Covenanters, or the Pittsburgh Seminary Horsemen, or the Greensville Hornets. How about the SBTS Bunyanites? But to many of our theologians are pointy headed weenies. Sorry if that hurts anyones feelings. The Mormons, Catholics, and Secular Heathens have good teams. I guess wide is the Path that leads to destruction. We have to few. But we will win the Final Season and the ultimate Championship. Woo Hoo.:banana:

BTW, George Marsden taught at ND for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back